• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Happy, happy, happy...Got my Bronco out of paint

OP
OP
edmedlin

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
Nice color! It looks great.

Thanks.. It is the original color with just a tad of metallic added. Cloudy windy and nasty day here didn't really help. Drove it directly from the paint shop to home. The trim was all powder coated along with NOS bumpers.

kip60

I like the matching top. That color looks good that way.;)

OP
OP
edmedlin

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
I like the matching top. That color looks good that way.;)

That was a tough decision. The paint guy recommended it. I was going to go with the wimbleton white... He said "be different". That's when I decided on the powder coat trim and bumpers. Mirrors, door handles and all. Glad I did. Just something a bit different, but keeps the EB look. It was already cut when I got it. I might take it back at some time. Right now, I will enjoy for awhile.

Ksm

Bronco Guru
That looks like a tall cup OF cappuccino waiting to be splashed around on the trails wait, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT PIG FISH ALL ABOUT????

OP
OP
edmedlin

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
That looks like a tall cup OF cappuccino waiting to be splashed around on the trails wait, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT PIG FISH ALL ABOUT????

That is a joke we all have on my cousin who lives so far back in the Ozark hills here that she needs to have air pumped in. We joke about all the pollution her liquor still puts into the pristine streams.... All in fun. We might be a little country out here, but hell, it's a nice area for an EB. That is a hog sucker, known to like corn liquor.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
Thats one butt ugly fish.......
3df3d9d6ca17c7f6f1e46f04caddc5ba.jpg

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
OP
OP
edmedlin

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri

They did that new fangled Dupont computer match thing where they use a digital photo process to match the original color. It looks deeper than the original, but I'll take it. The "brow" over the windshield looks "different" to me, but I have to look at some others. It may just be the color throwing me a curveball. Maybe my old age too, who knows.......... Weather going to be nice tomorrow, so off I go back into the hills and get some of the body shop dust off it.

OP
OP
edmedlin

edmedlin

Loc.
Republic Missouri
If you catch one don't ever put it in that beautiful Bronco please. :-X

Don't worry. I would prefer the one with the ears anyway..... I think you came up with a great name for that color. Cappuccino it is. There is no real name for it since it is a Dupont digital made-up estimated color and tweaked a bit to blend with the dash and what is left of the exposed interior.

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Don't worry. I would prefer the one with the ears anyway..... I think you came up with a great name for that color. Cappuccino it is. There is no real name for it since it is a Dupont digital made-up estimated color and tweaked a bit to blend with the dash and what is left of the exposed interior.

It really is a beautiful color. I love subtle neutrals, so classy.