• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hard top is off for the first time

guidoverduci

Loc.
NorCal
took the hard top off for the first time since I purchased the Bronco. The PO said it hadn't been off for 10+ years. My question is what do you do about all the bolt holes? I had to remove the electric windshield wipers, so there's also 2 holes in the windshield. Do they sell a kit of plugs or something for all the holes in the rails and windshield from the hard top?

Also, there is a gap about 1/2 - 3/4 inch between upper door frame and windshield.. I'm assuming thats cause the top isn't there to keep it tight.. anyway to fix that? there's a little play in the windshield.

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Theres gonna be play without some kind of brace for the windshield. I would put the wiper motors back on and get a cover bc im pretty sure its illegal no matter what state to remove the wipers... Just my 2 cents.

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Have you changed your body mounts? Shims on the body mount help to get all those gaps "right."

Theres gonna be play without some kind of brace for the windshield. I would put the wiper motors back on and get a cover bc im pretty sure its illegal no matter what state to remove the wipers... Just my 2 cents.

At least if you want it inspected or roadworthy. Or if you buy it from a certain "builder" in Alabama

$(KGrHqJ,!lwE9JVDGL29BPnZNfQj7Q~~60_12.JPG

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Have you changed your body mounts? Shims on the body mount help to get all those gaps "right."

At least if you want it inspected or roadworthy. Or if you buy it from a certain "builder" in Alabama

$(KGrHqJ,!lwE9JVDGL29BPnZNfQj7Q~~60_12.JPG

Lmao wow i never noticed that lol. And holy cow thats a major bent tie rod!!! Id bet the radius arm is bent to seeing how that thing is leaning over. Mine did the same thing. I really do feel for the guy that bought that.

Ensane13

Loc.
Sandy Hook
Guess that's what I'll do. But that electric motor sticks up, kind of an eyesore!

If you run the bestop bikini top it comes with a riser that mounts on the top of the windshield that covers the motor sticking up. I just mounted one on mine. I have not put the bikini top on yet but that riser gives it a cleaner look imo