• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hard top with doors off vs Soft top.

matts460

My wife and I keep getting spring fever about this time a year and talk about buying a soft top for our DD Bronco. We put on the ss door hinges that allow you to remove doors and I have done this a few times in spring. I like it a lot but we cant decide on a soft top vs Hard top with doors off and just buy the sliding side windows too and skip the soft top. I think the bronco looks pretty good with doors off (I thought it could look weird) and hard top on. How ever the truck would be fun with soft top windows out and doors off too!!! RRRR. Anybody think hard top with sliding side windows and doors off as much fun as having a soft top with windows out etc..? Also my hard top is funner than most because it has vista cruiser glass grafted in the top so its pretty cool looking when riding in back seat. PIC of top in my garage.

zonian

Loc.
St. Augustine
Truck looks great, cool you and your wife did it all. I'm a fan of the hardtop, doors off. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy!

RT

Bronco Guru
Soft Top !!! all the way .

For me at least . Last couple years I've left the hard top hanging on the rafters and every sunny , or at least non-rainy day pull the soft top down. I do have material I drop down behind the seats to cut down on the backwind. Nothing like the open ride.

Hard tops are warmer and quieter though, if you're into that kind of old man luxury :D

too bad we didn't have a fold down hardtop option . anyone ?

Hank_

Bronco Guru
During the warm summer months I am a top down guy only. I love the wide open feeling. I would say give the soft top a try. I don't think you will regret it.

Henry

OP
OP
matts460

matts460

Thanks Henry I thought for a sec you lived in my town!! LOL But wrong state.