• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hardtop roof support added to halfcab

white64

Loc.
Pittston, Maine
I took the front roof support from a old beat up fulltop and added it to my half cab to try and minimize the oil-canning and so I could block sand it without sanding a moving target. It looks really stock from the inside and there's a place to add a light on the support. I have pics, but can't seem to add them. Do I have to pay $9 in good old American money to add them here... if so I'd be happy to!

Last edited:
OP
OP
white64

white64

Loc.
Pittston, Maine
Pics added

A slot was cut in the inside edge of the roof rail the same width as the support..
The end of the support was trimmed square
A spot welding plate was made the same width as the support and notch
Slid the support under the roof rail and the slid the plate through the slot
Pushed the plate down so the support was snug beneath it and snug to the roof (at this time it would have been good to use seam sealer between the roof and the support, but I'm simply going to inject expanding foam into the hole to prevent rattles)
Clamped each end and welded though the holes in the plates
...about an hours worth of work...

With some wimbleton white on it, it should look factory, only you guys would know the difference

Attachments

• SAM_0294.jpg
    SAM_0294.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 33
  • SAM_0295.jpg
    SAM_0295.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 31
  • SAM_0297.jpg
    SAM_0297.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 28
  • SAM_0298.jpg
    SAM_0298.jpg