• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hardtop Sliding Window Mod Plan

73EXP

Loc.
Richmond, Virginia (Home of Duke's Mayonaise)
I recently bought sliding windows for my hardtop sides-they aren't cheap but they go into the same gaskets that the windows do- and yet- when they came they had really dark glass in them. In the next couple of weeks I am going to cut the aluminum frame at the front ends and have the glass replaced, putting them back together so that (if) any of the glass needs replacing, it'll involve a screwdriver instead of a cutting blade on my dremel tool.

I plan to take some pictures...

KST1

I take it you don't want the dark glass? Seems like everyone else wants tint on theirs. I think your rig would look nice with the dark stuff. Too each their own.

-D

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
I like the tint myself "not so dark you cant see out of it " sure helps keep it cooler if your running with your top on in the summer time.

SeanNollan

Wow, I love my tint. When I had my rear window tinted, I had it matched to my sliders -it ended up being a sort of "medium" shade of tint. To each is own!

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
[quote author=73EXP link=board=5;threadid=21783;start=0#msg167684 date=1062774621]
yeah-- if it was a mild tint it'd be OK- but it is REALLY dark, and I want my truck to look as close to stock as possible- the dark glass looks a little toooo modern to me :)
[/quote] could you tell me who you bought these from? I am thinking about doing this to my EB since we no longer have rain in Seattle over 50 days in the sun in a row, WWW.norain@yahoo.come :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: