• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has anyone bought or used these Sheet Metal Brakes?

Tgure

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix
I want to be able to just fab up my own, kick panels, cowl pieces, floor pans etc for my bronco. I am however a newb at this so maybe I am out of my league. Anyway has anyone bought or used one of these? I know there not even remotely top quality tools but can they handle some 18 guage sheet metal? ;D

Eastwood brake

Harbor Freight brake

honkey84

Loc.
ILL
I have never used those breaks personally, but the harbor freight one looks to be the better deal. I was a tinner, but if you can try to find a local tin shop and see if they will sell you one of there old ones.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
the harborfreight is the one i'm looking to get. box pan breaks are really nice to have but this one seems to fit the budget a little better

broncorick

Metal break

I have the harbor freight one as pictured. It is good for basic stuff, but for repeatable precision bends is a tough one to use with the clamp style, etc. Harbor freight also has a box break that might suit better for some of the small piece bends for restoration. But for a lot of the major panels, cant beat buying a lot of the pieces alkready preformed.