• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hawaii Bronco brothers-

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
My brother and his girlfriend are getting a trip of a lifetime - all paid trip to Hawaii for a week! :eek:

What are must see's for people vising your paradise? They are there for a week and I don't think they have any plans -

They are both heavily into 4x4 - my bro has a Blazer on 1 tons and 40" Iroc's, any chance anyone is going wheeling with some open seats? It would be over the top cool to be able to go wheeling while they are there :cool:

IIRC they are going to be there starting on the 10th - any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle

OP
OP
KyleQ

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Oh, I know he is going to be flying into Honolulu, but beyond that, he doesn't even know..

Kurt

Loc.
Badger State
How did he win a free trip?

I do get notified occasionally I won a free cruise... The recorded call begins with a ship horn....;) %)

OP
OP
KyleQ

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
How did he win a free trip?

I do get notified occasionally I won a free cruise... The recorded call begins with a ship horn....;) %)

His boss had mentioned if they had a good year there would be a trip to Hawaii - well, it turned out to be a good year and he got his itinerary from the travel agency, so its going to happen.

I just think it would be awesome to be able to experience some 4x4 in Hawaii - bucket list material...

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
The best general advice i could give you (or him) is to obviously rent a jeep. I know there's some good wheelin on the Big Island and have done alittle and will assume Oahu has some as well. Look for some detailed maps of the island. The Rentals usually give you good maps of where you can"t go Hint! Hint!.

They also have guided offroad, 4wheeler and Truck tours, Great for some awesome views.

OP
OP
KyleQ

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Alright - thought it would be cool to go with some locals, but that would work as well.

Hopefully N.Korea doesn't start shit when they are out there!

sriha

Sounds like they are going to Oahu. If they make it to Maui, they can take a ferry over to Lanai and rent jeeps to do some mild off roading. When we were there some of the trails were closed so it was pretty tame. They charge you extra if you hit a puddle though. %) On Oahu I would suggest Pearl Harbor, the North Shore, and Waikiki Beach. We also went to the Dole Plantation, Diamond Head for hiking, Hanauma Bay for snorkeling, and just drove around the island. On the north east side they have shrimp shacks but we didn't try them. There is a pretty good burrito place up there though. There is a blow hole that is neat to look at for a short time. They could also take the Jurasic Park tour and ride off road but don't get to drive unless they do one of the ATV or side by side tours. www.gohawaii.com is a good place to start.