• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hawaii bronco sighting.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
A buddy of mine is on vacation in Hawaii and he sent me a picture of this half cab at a surf shop. Cool looking bronco. Seems like I have seen it on here but cant remember who's it is.

IMAG0447_zps33e8b327.jpg~original

Hank

mauibronco

howzit hank!

i don't think he's on this site.....hes pretty new to the bronco world although he picked up 2 at the same time....this one and an orange roadster. his name is "way no". he's a local surfboard shaper on maui for the past 40 years and his wife is a council woman "elle cochran". she drives the orange one.....ill try to post a pic of it next time i see it.....aloha!

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the reply. Cool to here the story about it and that someone here has seen it. I hope to make it over there some day and say hey to my bronco brothers while in there.

Hank

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
I'm headed there next november, I'll put on my list to stop in and say aloha as well.
Whats the name of his shop?

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a nice Bronco! Hank I think we need to go check it out in person(just to make sure it's nice). What do you think? Road Trip!!

mauibronco

right on hank!

dave....the name of his shop is killah wiffah surf shop.....thats means something that stinks really bad in pidgin....it is right across the honua kai slimeshare condos off of honoapi'ilani hwy just before honokowai on the west side.....if you pm me before you come to town ill bring my 70 half cab to work in lahaina so you can check it out....i have a 73 full top as well but the 70 is a lot nicer...i work at HIC surf shop in the lahaina cannery mall....ive been a bronco owner for 20+ years now but i still don't know sh*t....anyway, always nice to meet another bronco brother.......shoots!

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
right on hank!

dave....the name of his shop is killah wiffah surf shop.....thats means something that stinks really bad in pidgin....it is right across the honua kai slimeshare condos off of honoapi'ilani hwy just before honokowai on the west side.....if you pm me before you come to town ill bring my 70 half cab to work in lahaina so you can check it out....i have a 73 full top as well but the 70 is a lot nicer...i work at HIC surf shop in the lahaina cannery mall....ive been a bronco owner for 20+ years now but i still don't know sh*t....anyway, always nice to meet another bronco brother.......shoots!

Sounds like a plan.
I'll be sure to PM you before we leave.
Looks like your about 10min up the street.
The wifey and I will be stayin at Kahana Falls, Lahaina. Week of 11/15/15.
Mahalo

mauibronco

sounds good dave...yup, you're 10 min north of my work....youll pass it on the way from the airport...if you've never been to maui or haven't been in awhile....ill give you some names of some good restaurants and fun things to do.....look fwd. to it....aloha!

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Nope, first time to Maui. Have a time share on the Big Island so wev'e been their a couple times already but wanted to check out the other Islands so Maui's next on our list (was in Oaho many years ago) Nice to see I can get first hand info from a local brother, can't get any better than that. Look forward to hooking up.
Mahalo

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I've seen several in the Kihei area while working on Maui. Also seen the black/dark blue one out by the mall surf shop on the way to Lahaina. Met up with a guy name Duncan out Kihei side with a bronco

mauibronco

right on Dave....thanks buddy...always look fwd to meeting another bronco brother...

hey Mad....i seen a lot of posts of yours over the years....the one in lahaina is my beater, i had it for 20 years....i manage HIC in the cannery...stop by if your ever in town....aloha bu!
-gavin

horhay25

Loc.
Encinitas, CA
Haha..saw the half cab coming into town and the other coming out..nice looking broncs...I wish I had time to meet up..next time..Aloha!

suthernboy

Loc.
Greenville, NC
Aloha!...Aloha!....you goin' to Maui?...yeah I'm goin' to Maui...Cool Dude, meet ya in Maui....yeah, fur shur, see ya in Maui.....blah....blah....blah. You guys suck:). If it cost a quarter to fly to Hawaii, I couldn't get to Raleigh.:)

mattt

Bronco Guru
I just returned this morning from a week in Maui. Didn't see one EB when I was there, which was surprising. Spent most of my time in Kihei, but also went up to Lahaina, Kahului, and Wailuku.

ren71

Just got back from Maui and spotted a couple that drove past me. A half cab headed towards Kaupo or the backway to Hana and a shiny one with a hardtop in Paia. Both spotted by my wife, she's faster at spotting them then me now.

Attac

Contributor
I just got back from the big island 2 months ago. Saw a beautiful original 74ish uncut original everything. Looked like it had just left showroom floor but not restored looking...you guys know what I mean. Was at a little store at the split of the road that goes up into the Kona coffee district. A gentleman in his 60s and his wife got in it and left before I could grab my phone and get a pic. I had left it in my car. I saw 2 others up in the coffee area, a nice yellow one and a lime green one under an overhang being worked on. The green one is on craigslist for sale right now I believe.
Mahalo
Chuck

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
Spent last week in Maui. Hooked up with a brother, "mauibronco" and had a nice chat and some pics (pic 1-3) of his beautiful half cab. Some of the nicest door lines and one of a kind paint choices I've seen. Also got to meet up and chat with wayno (not a CB member) and a couple pics (pics 4 and 5) of his rigs. Also saw this black one (pic 6) for sale ($36k) not a 36k truck IMO but very nice nonetheless and a fifth rig (pic 7) on our last day on the Island.
Special thanks to mauibronco for providing us with the island tips and his great hospitality.

What a beautiful breathtaking Island. Logged over 1k miles on the rental Heep and cruised some killer roads.

Attachments

• IMG_0342A.jpg
    IMG_0342A.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0343A.jpg
    IMG_0343A.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0344A.jpg
    IMG_0344A.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_0331A.jpg
    IMG_0331A.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0392A.jpg
    IMG_0392A.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Spent last week in Maui. Hooked up with a brother, "mauibronco" and had a nice chat and some pics (pic 1-3) of his beautiful half cab. Some of the nicest door lines and one of a kind paint choices I've seen.

well its a 71... it was a 3 year built and he got it like so ...

color is 97 Cadillac color called shale .... the pass. side flare is still askew but looking good !

Attachments

• P1010185.jpg
    P1010185.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 35

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
He had it repainted as you can see. I forgot the color he mentioned but I think he said it was a Subaru paint code.