• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

heat from the floor

huntersmky

Loc.
Madison, MS
Is there anyway to shut the heat off completely from coming from the floor vent? Driving down the highway cruising, it comes in pretty fast and gets hot.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Pull the air inlet duct loose from kick panel and block the hole for the summer. I have a plastic shipping cover that came on a 4V carb I bought and it fits perfect. Duct goes back on over it and no more heat.

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
i always pull the defrost knob, this way heat is routed up to the windshield and not on your feet

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I put the BC Bronco heater shut off valve on and turn it off for the summer. It works great and lets me use the fan on hot days without blowing heat. The stock valve does not stop all flow so u get heat all the time.

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey huntersmky, I bought a ball valve from Lowes ($6) and put it in line with the stock temp valve. Its the first time ever I finally got the heat off my legs but you can still move fresh air through the heater if you want or need to. Works great!

You can see in the lower left corner. Sorry the engine bay is a bit dirty:p that's unlike me.

Attachments

• DSCN0524.jpg
    DSCN0524.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
OP
OP
H

huntersmky

Loc.
Madison, MS
got it, thank you. what is that on your driver side air intake? if you consider that dirty then I would hate to post a pic of mine. good looking rig.
Hey huntersmky, I bought a ball valve from Lowes ($6) and put it in line with the stock temp valve. Its the first time ever I finally got the heat off my legs but you can still move fresh air through the heater if you want or need to. Works great!

You can see in the lower left corner. Sorry the engine bay is a bit dirty:p that's unlike me.