• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hedman 89410 headers with EFI

JHolloway

Loc.
Acworth/Kennesaw, Ga
I just finished my efi install and I havent seen any problems with the headers. I am using the ceramic coated version. I am using the rjm harness as well and I had to buy o2 extensions to reach . They are 18" which is a little long but it allows you room to ziptie the harness up and away from the driveline. From all of my efi research the issue with long tube headers is the distance that the sensors are away from the last engine cylinder. Ford recommends 9-12" for a more accurate 02 reading. My engine seems to be running fine considering it has not been tuned. I drove it to the exhaust shop yesterday and then to my house for a total of about 100 miles with no issues! I cant tell you how excited I am since it has been in my dads shop since november. If you have any more questions about the efi install you can pm me and ill give my cell #. My name is James and if I can help in any way just let me know!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I have those headers and EFI. When the parts store looked up sensors for 91 mustang the came up with longer and shorter sensor wires. I just got 2 of the longer ones and they work fine. I think they had approximately 18" wires.

yakelys69

Mine runs a little rich, I could be completely wrong but think the distance to the sensors may be the reason or a contributing factor. Curious what others with more experiance say about that.

yakelys69

Also if you are considering going full width you should take that into consideration. The long tube on the driver side would interfere with your driveshaft.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Mine runs a little rich, I could be completely wrong but think the distance to the sensors may be the reason or a contributing factor. Curious what others with more experiance say about that.

Mine doesn't run rich with these headers. I have heard that the ideal sensor location is closer than these headers allow but not sure what problem going further would cause.