• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Heims on track bar with wah?

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
For all you guys running a wah, do you have heim joints on your track bar or just the standard bushings? I read somewhere on here you needed heims to get the full motion out of a wah. But I know this thing really doesn't move that much. Do y'all think I really need to go with the heims or will the bushings be fine?

Thanks a bunch guys!

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have heims on mine, not sure if it makes that much difference.

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
thanks.anyone else? my truck will prolly be 80% street. I wont wheel it that hard but after spending the time and money on the wah, I want to make sure im getting my moneys worth.

Action

NorCal Broncos

A guy on NorCal Broncos runs a WAH. He has a bushing on the axle end with a heim on the other. Seems to work well from what I have seen.
Jack

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
That makes sense. Heims are not great for a street ride IMO. I like the vibration and noise isolation that bushings provide.

But a Heim on one end and a bushing on the other would be acceptable to me.

Besides, Heims wear out and get sloppy after a while. They just don't appeal to me for that reason.

OP
OP
4x4man514

4x4man514

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Augusta,Georgia
So I'm gathering from what I'm hearing is that I should be finewiththe bushings? I'm not gonna lose enough flex to really matter?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Back when I had a WAH, I was using regular urethane track bar bushings, no heim. I thought it flexed awesome.

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
Mine seems to flex fine with bushings, 3.5" SL, 1"BL, 35" tires. Ramped it to 32" before it hit the fenders and all 4 were solid on the ground.;D;D

Jim W.;D