• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help! 24 hours to decide..... (not really but very little time)

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
So I've been tossing and turning for the past 6 months trying to make a decision on my new paint. Bronco was code S midnight blue metallic special order color on an Explorer package but it's a little too dark for my taste so I want paint it another blue. I fell in love with '70 Acapulco Blue but I also love Bahama Blue. I have convinced myself Bahama Blue was for me but I'm wavering. It's going into the bodyshop tomorrow (if everything goes as planned) and I need to decide!

I know it is ultimately my decision but I value brothers' thoughts and opinions....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.46.00 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 1.46.00 PM.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 148
  • Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 8.24.41 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-12-26 at 8.24.41 PM.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 139

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
How about the standard '74 Explorer color, Brook Blue?

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
I would go with the special order midnight code s blue, got to be pretty rare and it matches your avatar name mac2night. plus I know you have had a couple of dark eb's in the past

No Hay

Bronco Guru
If you have sold Bronco's in the past, then this one could sell someday also. I think the darker blue would be a much better choice for resale.

No hesitation for me as a buyer, if two were identical, side by side, I'm attracted to the darker one.

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
There’s really not a bad color for a Bronco. Happen to really like the midnight blue, especially with the body side and rocker moldings. I agree with No Hay and Crush, on both counts. But you’ll be the one driving it....or you could just get another and have one of each, lol.

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I have a very dark blue Bronco and I will not paint it that color again. Too dark and the lines of the truck jut get lost and it looks like a dark square block. I like the second picture in your original post. Also the dark colors do not "pop" when you want to show off at a car show all the dark cars just wash out.

PickleJar

You probably are best leaving it alone. But if you did a change, I think a good subtle change would be medium blue metallic. It’s just a shade lighter and still metallic....

75Denver

It sounds like you've narrowed it down to two colors. If it were me, I'd stick with the original paint code given the collectability. However, it's your Bronco. BUT if it were between the two colors, I'd go Acapulco blue ALL DAY! Mark Atherton's Baja Kit build proves just how clean this color looks (your example pic is awesome too).

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287214&highlight=stroppe+acapulco

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 12.32.21 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2019-03-09 at 12.32.21 PM.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 77

KANE

Loc.
Pembroke, MA.
I also like the acapulco blue but I'd go with your gut...if you keep going back to one over the other, go with that one! Good luck!