• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

HELP!!! Buddy wants to buy a jeep

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
HELP!!! Buddy wants to buy a jeep

Here's the deal.. We went 4 wheeling over the 4th with a friend and his wife. Well my bronco is healthy, some old 30 year old glitches of course. Little bit of rust on the undercarriage. Floor gets hot as hades and the usual bronco stuff, carburated and stalled a couple of times :).. Anyways.. Some people we met out there have some seriously low geared moab worthy jeeps that went out with us. Of course this made the old yellow beast look wimpy.. He has conned the wife into getting a 4wd now and they want a heep. Bronco's are rare in the midwest and heeps are everywhere. What are the best arguments that I can use to convince him to go with a bronco??

I can talk till i'm blue in the face about how much you have to put into a jeep just to get them to the bronco strength. If he had a bronco that would make it MAYBE the 6th? one i've seen in this area!! They're looking in the 5-6000 dollar range and knowing what I paid for ours (albeit we got completely raped and sucked in by the bronco bug) he can get into a pretty decent bronco for that.....

He's a wood worker by trade, makes custom cabinets and that kind of stuff so getting greasy isn't his deal but he wants to learn and get a new hobby pretty bad. If I have to work on his friggin jeep it's all over!! :p

Enough ranting.. Help me fellas!!!!!!!!!

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
Re: HELP!!! Buddy wants to buy a jeep

If he is a big guy have him sit in the drivers seat of a jeep. Plus, if he's taking his wife a jeep's not gonna be big enough to haul all her crap on long trips. Jeeps are a good entry 4x4 though. That's what I had till I decided to build my dream jeep and realized that all the parts were already on a bronco.

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia

Let em know the facts about engine sizes and that the broncos have way bigger engines an that he wont have to pass smog if he gets an old enough one (big plus in my book) also show him that things such as a fold down windshield and removable roof are the same in both vehicles

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV

Bring them to the bay area and I'll take them for a ride in mine. Then when the clean the urine from their pants inform them that this was all built for less than the cost of a new TJ. Plus 35's fit a whole lot easier on a Bronco! They will be sold

F0rdFre@k

Loc.
The Land of Entrapment

Have em come talk to me.

Here's a pic of my former TJ:

~Jeep%20-%20Right%20Front%20View.jpg

Yeah, I know it's a big picture. But, the point it, I paid $21K for the Jeep alone. Then I added a 4" Skyjacker lift, 1.75" Coil Spacer lift, Rims Tires, 4 wheel disk brakes, Bumpers, Winch, Atlas II, Ford 8.8, Rack etc... My wish list wasn't completed. I also wanted a D44 and a 5.0. I already had over 10K in extras.

After all is said and done, I had a NP231 sitting in my garage next to my D35c. My D30 was planned to come out and my 4.0 would be on a bench next to the NP231 so for $21K I bought a Frame and a body. ::)

NOW, I have a 74 D44 Front, 9" rear, NP435, D20 and a 302 w/ headders on a 2.5" James Duff lift. All for the low low price of $800.00. Sure it doesn't go anywhere right now but, I may invest $10-$15K in this thing and have a much better 4x4 for way less $$$ and it'll be worth more $$$ in the long run.

The Jeep after spending $32+K worth $15K

The Bronco after spending $10K worth $8-$12K

Go figure... ;D ;D ;D

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone

Tell him it is foreign made. It is going to be much more $$$ to work on. Jeeps are cool before 86. I have a couple in my heard too. I got one for my SON since Jeeps are children's toys. I figured he could teath on it for awhile. He wants a Bronco though someday though. I got him a 85 CJ7 with the 4.2 and DANA 44s. He loved it for Hawaii (tight parking). His girlfriend is a model and they swing past the house all the time. The GRRRLS LOVE the BRONCO!!!! Tell him THAT!! GRRRRLS LUV GUYS WITH BRONCOS. I got pictures with 8 bikini clad models in my Bronco that I would love to post here. THAT would definitly settle it for ya!! Broncos haul more a$$ than a Jeep!!

8)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru

He is probably a lost cause: BUT you can do an intervention.
There is only one way to whoop him into shape. Take his wife for a ride down a choppy rutted dirt road at 30 MPH and then have one of those precious jeep lovers do it and after that ride she ends up with worn out teeth and boobs to match. you can also tell her on trips the much bigger Bronco has room for a porta potty and other comforts. This all gets her where it counts. Yes this is a little low for a friend to do to a friend but FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DRIVE JEEPS. If this doesn't get through to them then its like having a buddy on drugs. Sometimes you have to just let them go. When they sober up they may come back.