• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help decide my route

Which option

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jperry1290

I originally purchased my EB in 2010 to build a rock crawler project, however it is now a bit of a resto mod. The current 70s 302/np435 4.30gears set up is good, but not the most ideal street/highway set up. I’ve been trying to figure out which direction to take as more aftermarket options are popping up. Looking for advice on the most budget conscious working mans affordability.

kylakekevin

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's yours build it the way you want! Don't fall into the cookie cutter .

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Again do what you what with it. But how do you want to use it? I have a NP-435 with a built 289 3..50 gears and 35s. Yup the gears are way too tall to start with but it will cruise on the highway at 60-65 no problem. And because I have they super low 1st gear and the low range in the T case if I want to take it on the trail it will still do it fine. With that being said I have considered swapping to a more modern trans but know it will take a gear swap and fab work and etc... So for the amount I actually drive my 67 I am just stick with what I have. If you want to daily drive it than yeah a fuel injected 5.0 with an auto trans or modern stick would be great. you have to seriously ask your self what you want the bronco to do then make your decision.