• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help in the Austin Area

U

Unregistered

Hey, I'm new to rebuilding cars and I wanted to see if theres anyone in the Austin Texas area willing to come by and tell me what my priorites should be in restoring this truck. I've already put a lot of money into it but I just keep finding more and more problems as I go along. It would be really helpful if someone just took a few minutes to stop by and see whats up.

-ben davis
austin tx

redneckrocky

Loc.
Austin, TX
I live in Austin and would be willing to help. But I will not be back in town until August. You can send me an e-mail if you would like to get together then. I live in North West Austin, and even if I can't help you out we could get together for a ride sometime. redneckrocky@hotmail.com

eBronc

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Ask and ye shall receive...

Ben Davis, come on down! You're the next contestant on "This Old Truck!"..

...if you're not old enough to remember that game show, don't worry.

Seriously, feel free to stop by my place in Oak Hill just about anytime. I'm almost always out in the garage working on Broncenstein after I get home from work, most of the day on weekends. It's at the stage of (dis)assembly where you can see where things go and still have room to move around for a better look. The 351W is in, but I took the ZF and D20 back out so I can weld the emergency brake brackets in place on the floorpan. Wiring is next.

Stop by and check it out, I'll explain whatever you have questions about. There's another Austin Bronco owner that might be stopping by this weekend to pick up a part I sold him on eBay.

edge4

Contributor
Loc.
Gonzales, Texas
Hey Ben,
Sorry I've not been able to assist more with your Bronco. I am currently working on 3 Early Bronco restorations, floorpans on my 76', and even a 60' beetle. Every spare moment is taken up by these projects, but your welcome to come by anytime. I'm in the downtown area.
John

atx-davis

Loc.
Austin Texas
Right now, I think my prority should be just getting it cranked and started. The truck has been sitting for a year now, and I should get the engine running and the tranny moving. Something that would be helpful would maybe be a list or a flow chart of my priorities. From 'fixing body mounts' to 'suspension' and 'cage'. Someone with more experience would have a better idea of how this order should be and what I need to focus on. To understand this you would just have to come by and see it.

-davis

redneckrocky

Loc.
Austin, TX
We Austin Guys need to get together for a ride or somthing. Or do you already and I just don't know about it. Also Is there any good spots near Austin for wheelin'? I have only been here for 8 months so I don't know the area well.