• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help Me Decide - Corbeau RS or Keep My Stock Seats

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My stock seats are sweet and in great shape but lately been contemplating a change to something more off road in appearance and function. Something that may match my non stock Bronco.

I found a good deal on a full set of Corbeau RS with brackets. These would provide better side/head support and probably be more comfortable.

I can easily sell my stock seats for what I can get the Corbeaus.

I know this is mostly a matter of personal preference but Im stuck.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2797.JPG
    IMG_2797.JPG
    109.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2798.JPG
    IMG_2798.JPG
    101.5 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_2436.JPG
    IMG_2436.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 85

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
My vote is for the stock seats with added headrests. With the Corbeau seats you have to get in and out over the side bolsters. the higher you lift the harder this is. But they will keep you from sliding around some on the trails.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Go w/the Corbeau for a while but hang on to them originals for when you get ready to go back to stock...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
stock seats in great condition are pricey so if you went back stock, be a little cost for ya..

all depends on preference

triracer67

Contributor
My corbeau seats are much more comfortable than the stock. Swap the seats and keep the stick.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
As other have said- keep the stockers and buy the RS if you can. If you need to sell the stockers to fund the RS, I would stay with the factory Ford.

The side bolster is there on the RS, but not an issue in my opinion and my rig is on 37s with the Baja RS. I ran the BAJA Ultra prior with really big side bolsters- it was not that difficult to get in/out, but more so than the RS. I moved the Ultras to my crawler and somewhat regret it. The RS is less comfortable and sits a little higher.

Casey835

I have the bajas and love them but I would keep those stock ones
I would like to add your ass and back will be soaked with sweat with the Baja seats.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ol'Blue

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks for all the input gents. Good advise!

NYLES

Bronco Guru
RS seats suck.........Buy PRP if you want a good aftermarket seat at a great price.

ChrisC74

I have the RS seats. This was one of my first upgrades when I got my bronco and could not wait to start spending money on replacing the "old" parts.

I wish I had kept my original seats so I would have the option to put them back in if I wanted to.

A couple of things - and I apologize. I have not read all of the other comments so if I am repeating anything sorry...

You need to find and sit in a set of RS seats. Preferably in a bronco. Depending on your weight - they might be narrow. The bolsters running down the sides to hold you in narrow the back of the seat.

You need to climb in over the side bolster on the seat bottom. I am 6'-6" and my bronco has 33" tires w/ a 2.5" suspension and 1" body lift - not really high compared to others. I have grown to dislike climbing up and in the seat - it hits me in all the wrong places.

Once in the seat - it is very comfortable which is why you should try to sit before you buy. My problems might not be your problems.

I also keep my bronco in the garage and think the black has faded a lot quicker than I thought it would.