• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me decide on wheels...

airbur

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Castle Pines, CO
I'm looking at the Mickey Thompson Classic II and the ProComp 1069. To me they look about similar with the MTs having more of an egg shape to the holes. I'm tending towards the MTs as I like the look but they are $25/wheel more than the ProComps. Not a big deal in the whole scheme of things I'd imagine. Thanks for the help

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=M/T350401
images.ashx

http://www.4wheelparts.com/prodDetail.aspx?partNo=PXA1069-5185
images.ashx

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
M/T Classic II Wheel have a little more flare to them.. I would choose those.

Other ones look kinda BLAH.. IMO ;)

4x4babygirl

Bronco Goddess
Loc.
Tanasi
You're always going to pay more for MTs, but they look super tuff. And really, what's an extra $100 in such a money pit as an EB?

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
the top pictures seems to have more depth to it. i like the top pic. that's my vote!

have you thought about the flat black finish type?

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Easy, structurally, the MT's are 10x better than the ProComp wheel. If you have it narrowed down to these two, I would go with the MT's for sure.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
If you're going for a 15" wheel I say go with the Classics, if you're going to a bigger wheel - like 18" or 20" I think the pro comp will look better IMO.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
I had the MTs and loved them, they look really good with a mud terrain tire. MTs get my vote

vintage bronco

are you going with 15 x 8 ? i would go mickey thompson. by the way amazon has them at $117.73 ea plus free shipping !

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
The M/T Classic IIs look way better on an EB. I think the others look to modern for an old truck.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
What tires are you going to run that determines wheel width. I run 37x12.50 on a 9.5 wide rim.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
The MT's for sure, the flat face on the pro comp looks bad compared to the dish of the MT's. The dish shape also gets into the holes, which makes the thickness of the wheel show on the outside edge of the hole vs the inside next to the lugs. The Pro Comp lack a lot unless it's just a glance. The MT's have been my favorite wheel for awhile, next to slots. Pretty rare to find a wheel that looks good on newer and old vehicles both, but that one does. The last set I had I bought the Eagle version, and the holes were just a little smaller. It don't sound like much, but made a big difference in person, even though you couldn't hardly tell to look in the pictures. Either will look good on an EB, though.