• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Help me decide...quick. Power brake kit.

Laker

Hey fellas, I am going to order up a power brake kit for my 70, I would like a liitle advice on which kit I should go with? I would imagine that each vendor provides a good product, however for the same price some come with brake lines and some dont. I am keeping the drum brakes as is too. Just want a good drop in kit that has everything I need and is a proven good unit.

I will be ordering here soon and having it shipped to a location in the US and will be bringing it back with me after a visit there.

Thanks

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I would say skip the power brakes and go hydroboost. Takes up less space and works far better. The only issue it may be too strong for 4whl drums. I have 4whl disc and its far better than with the booster set-up. I'm sure someone will chime in with drum brakes

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I like the toms kit....comes with a bigger booster than the others.....works great...

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
If you must go power brakes, go with Tom's. The only real power brakes out there. f you can afford it and have power steering, go hydroboost.

OP
OP
Laker

Laker

Thanks guys, sounds like the Tom's kit is good bet. I plan to keep the drums for a few more years before switching to discs.

welndmn

Bronco Guru
You'll get better performance with a non power disc over power drums, I'd look at more front disc kits.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Toms Kit with Front Disc works great. However, next build has the Hydroboost ready to install.

EBatl

Loc.
Atlanta, GA
no complaints with Toms kit with 4 wheel drums (that are working properly). I agree with others that the hydroboost set up is the best along with disks but I am always pretty happy with power drums.

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
I did the no modify kit....as well as the disk brake upgrade....idk my brakes work just fine I don't see the need to go hydro boost but hey everybody has there fav rite....good luck

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
.. I'm a Red Neck. So I say forget the power brake just spend your money on a Chevy Disk set up. and if your not totally satisfied at this point go with the Hydro Boost. ''the best''.