• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

help with door sag

panteramatt

My drivers side door rubs bad. Not sure what i need to adjust to get the clearance without making other gaps? I did put a 1" body lift, should I adjust that somehow?
20191102_133305.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20191102_133334.jpg
[/URL][/IMG][/IMG]

MonsterBIlly

Did it rub before you did the body lift?

If so, are you sure you you all the correct spacers and
Body mounts?

I have adjusted doors many times. It takes a while and you need to do a little at a time and go slow.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
I am no expert but , I have messed with my doors quite a bit. Pictures are a little hard to see as well, not sure what thats about either. Looks like to me if you shimmed the drivers rear corner up a bit it would close the gap on the door where the striker post is. After that will probably have to move the striker up a bit as well. Are the hinges worn out enough to make the door to drop?
Just my thoughts here , I could be wrong on all accounts.
Good luck, doors can be frustrating!

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Looking at the top picture in the first post on the Photo Bucket page under 200% zoom, I can see a pretty good sized crack above the top hinge. It seems like there may be quite a bit of flex in the top hinge putting strain on the door skin above the hinge. That crack doesn't look new so I'd think there was a problem before the body lift. Did you put any body shims back in when the body lift was installed? I'd start with the hinges like was mentioned above. Open the door about half way and pull up and down from the outside edge and see how much flex the hinges have. May still need some body shims to get the body alignment right even with new hinges. The body lines from the top of fender to top of door and top of door to top of rear quarter seem to be off some.These things can be a pain to chase down to put it lightly. It takes time and patience.
Mark.

OP
OP
P

panteramatt

Yea i moved the door up.and down and the hinges hardly moved. To get the rear of the door up with the body lift, which mounts should i add spacer/shims to? I thought about shimming the bottom hinge butthat woupd really throw off all the door gaps

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
I'd start with the divers side rear corner like Langester suggested. Loosen the three body mount bolts from the A pillar to the rear one. Leave the front one tight. jack the body up a little at the rear mount and slip a shim in. Release the jack and check to see if that closed the gap at the top of the striker post and helped with the bottom where it's rubbing. You may have to add another one to the rear mount and maybe one at the A pillar then adjust the striker up a bit. Just have to play with it and check to see what each change does. I hope it goes easy for you.
Mark.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Go under the truck and look at the floor support chanels by the body mounts and see if they are bent down and need to be straightened and reinforced do support the door and body assemblie