• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

High back bucket seats

avbronco

Loc.
Apple Valley, CA
Anyone know which HIGH BACK bucket seats will fit well in my 73 trail rig?
I have several wrecking yards to search from in our area, just don't know which is best.
Thanks!

Buckin74

Loc.
San Diego
1980(s) Honda or Acura highback bucket seats work great for EB installs. They have lumbar support, Recline, tilt, have built in tracks and adapt well to the Bronco floor boards.

RFR2212

Loc.
Chicago Burbs
Summit seats

Not to steal the thread...

What about the summit racing seats PN# SUM-G1100 They're cheap, and if you wheel, and want to wash the interior out, they're plastic and wont get ruined. They also have seat covers available and they're both well priced. I was looking to add these when I get a cage.

Anyone ever known to use em?

Thanks
Peter

ROKDWLR

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stockton, Ca.
I picked up some Dodge Neon seats from a junkyard. Very comfortable and fairly low.

Attachments

• Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 74

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
RFR2212 said:
Not to steal the thread...

What about the summit racing seats PN# SUM-G1100 They're cheap, and if you wheel, and want to wash the interior out, they're plastic and wont get ruined. They also have seat covers available and they're both well priced. I was looking to add these when I get a cage.

Anyone ever known to use em?

Thanks
Peter

The covers don't do much to make them any more comfortable. At ~$30 each, the price is attractive, but I don't think they're very comfortable at all, my back hurts after a few hours in them. Be sure to drill holes in the bottom of them, or they hold water, and you get the swamp ass if you don't pay attention.

I'll keep my dug-out-of-a-trashpile Camaro seats for now, saving up for some PRP's.

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I now have Le Sabre seats in my rig but they sit a little high, even after fabricating my own mounts. I have another set from a Probe that I will try next as they seem to sit lower.

eds66bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Essex, Vermont
saab seats (old style 900 or 9000)- they have very low sliders that mount to flat floors. you just need to bend the adjustment rod upwards a bit. very comfy and they don't have nut-buster high bolsters on the seat that rack you evry time you get in or out ;)

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
eb66to77 said:
I now have Le Sabre seats in my rig but they sit a little high, even after fabricating my own mounts. I have another set from a Probe that I will try next as they seem to sit lower.
The first pic below are 90 Probe seats which is what I use to run which should give you an idea of how high they will sit.

The second pic is what I run now.

Attachments

• SaddleUp42.jpg
    SaddleUp42.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 59
  • SaddleUp69.jpg
    SaddleUp69.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 57

burntfish

Loc.
ouray, co
SaddleUp said:
The first pic below are 90 Probe seats which is what I use to run which should give you an idea of how high they will sit.

The second pic is what I run now.
i've got the 95probe seats in mine. i like them but they are a little high. what are your seats in there know saddle. are those the $200 set off ebay.

Nuke

Has anyone had sucess using seats form a coupe that slide forward in order to give access to the rear seats?

I'm trying to decide between some Integra or Saturn seats.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
burntfish said:
i've got the 95probe seats in mine. i like them but they are a little high. what are your seats in there know saddle. are those the $200 set off ebay.
They are pretty much the same thing. Picked them up through a local parts house though and paid $180 rather than $200. I've looked at the Ebay ones and from what I can tell they are the same thing without the APC brand in them. I have seen APC referenced in the Ebay ad though so I think that is the only difference. To be completely honest though I've seen another set locally that I would rather have that are vinyl instead of cloth. (Almost identical with the same mounting brackets) I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to go play in the mud on New Years day and keep them reasonably clean.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Check out these http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74376&page=2 check post #21. They are from a 98 or 99 BMW 318 ti....there was still a six pack of beer in the back of the car at the salvage yard when we pulled these out. All manual adjustment (up/down, front back, recline and quick flip). With the seats full forward, raised and quick flipped, there is plenty of room to access the back...sort of. I got them for $300 and all four retractable belts (front and rear) for $50. They are super comfy and very supportive...at first I thought they were leather, but they ended up being some premier fancy-schmancy BMW vinyl...probably a good thing, they will last longer and were cheaper to repair after the fire...thats another story %) .

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
injected74 said:
I have late model Chrysler Sebring LXi seats. The driver's side is full power (2 wire hook up). Super comfy leather, excellent side support, and they took about 35 min to install. Got 'em for $25 each at a bone yard. Here's a pic of the type of car, Mine are dark graphite gray http://media.automotive.com/evox/stilllib/chrysler/sebring/2005/4sa/51.jpg

I had those same ones, they sat so high I almost had to tilt the wheel up to get comfy. I went to LeSabre seats and they are still high. I am going to Probe seats now. Maybe that will do it. Should have just bought some ones suggested here.