• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Holley kit for hooking up kickdown properly, has a spring and other little pieces???

digmy76

I was told by Holley that I needed this certain kit to have proper usage of my kickdown when using the TA carb. I now have the kit, but I'll be darned if I know how it goes on. Part of it I have figured out, but the clip and the spring and the screw......I don't know where they go. Pics and description of what to do would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Going by memory....The clip fits in front of the throttle levers with the spring going back. I'm not sure, though. Give me a call at 661-822-1105 this evening (California time) and I'll have a look at my various cars' setups on the wireless phone. If your phone is blocked for caller ID, leave a message as I won't answer blocked calls until I know it's not a sales call. Before that, try the Holley site. Really good stuff, there!
Mikey

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
This is how mine is set up.. hope it helps. Not a TA but a holly

Attachments

• kickdwnside.jpg
    kickdwnside.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 91

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Am I crazy here. I have a C4, Holley TA. Since I have owned the truck it has not had a rod for kick down. Is there a vacuum operated kickdown because I do have a vacuum line that goes down there. Either way it drives nice and shifts good. Not tranny savy. ?:?

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
That is just the shift modulator. it controls the shift point of the tranny during acceleration. You should have a kickdown unless you have a manual valve body.

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
Digmy if you are still looking for info. The clip goes on as per the carbureator instructions. The screw goes in through the clip with the head facing towards the Front (going from memory here). If you need more info drop me a line. I just did the exact same installation.

Rick

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

TJK74 said:
This is how mine is set up.. hope it helps. Not a TA but a holly

Thanks for the pic. I called holley and I think I have it fixed now. The kickdown seems to be pulling the lever pretty far back though. TJK74 Did you add an extension to your kickdown. If so, how did you do it? How do you know how long to make it? Thanks

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
The extension piece you see was part of the kickdown kit i got from holley. It just simply bolted on. I think its about 2" or so if you need some more detailed pics let me know.

Attachments

• kickdwnside.jpg
    kickdwnside.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 52
  • kickdwntop.jpg
    kickdwntop.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 76

Mikey

Bronco Guru
Crap, is my memory bad. The kickdown on my Cougar is TOTALLY different. I plan on installing a Holley on the Bronco soon. I'm using a 1985 Mustang GT aluminum intake with a Holley 600. This set up is sitting on my work bench all rebuilt and ready to go.......hesitating due to how well the stock set up is working for now.

What is the part number for that adapter to the kickdown?

Anyone use the Mustang GT intake on their Bronco?

Thanks,
Mikey

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
this is what I used to buy my parts and the info came from holley, keep in mind the intake is for my 351W. I also dont know what good the kickdown device is to me as my kick down arm has been removed.

You will need to get a 4bbl intake, I would go with part # 8023
You will need part # 20-2 throttle ball
And part # 20-91 thans kick down if it is a auto trans
Thanks Ricky

Mikey

Bronco Guru
I checked the Holley site for #20-91. Got that, I think. But....the short part that is attached directly on the black kickdown rod and goes to the bracket on the carb (secured with an e-clip) is the part I don't recognize.

Thanks!!!!
Mikey