• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Houston,TX a/c issues

Joe C

Loc.
The Woodlands
Installed a vintage a/c kit. Had it charged up and blew cold for 45 minutes. Cranked it up 5 days later and only blows hot air? Does anyone know a good a/c shop in Houston? Time for an expert

Thanks

fatboy4211

Loc.
Ennis, TX
Just thinking out loud...but i think one of your connections may be loose. Look through the little window above the dryer. If its clear it could be overfilled or just empty. there is some dye you can put in it to find the leak. I think they also use an ultraviolet light to find leaks.
The retailer that I bought mine from is in Ennis (straight up I45). Very reasonable on labor price. Hes installed several over the past 5 years. Let me know if you want his info.
Also, if you research VA on the web...you can find someone in your area to assist you.
I did a self install back in July. For what he was charging...I should've let him do it!!!

backpain

Bronco Guru
I know of 2 VA dealers on the south side, but nothing North.

As suggested, go to A.Zone and pick up a 134A dye test pack. If you have no luck, then may just have to find a reputable repair shop to diagnose.

A.Zone may even be able to put gauges on it and tell you your pressures.

OP
OP
J

Joe C

Loc.
The Woodlands
Thanks guys. Yes I think I have a loose connection? I will dive back into it this weekend.
I may get back with you for contacts of installers in Houston area. Ennis may be too far but good to know just in case

Thanks