• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

how do I remove my windshield frame

Ryans71

Loc.
Milton, Wa
Just fold the windshield frame down to the hood, and drill out the spot welds on the hinge half that's attached to the body. There are quite a few of them.

Ryan.

rflud

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Modesto, CA
Be sure and use a spot weld drill bit. Other wise you will have a bunch of holes to fill rather than having a surface to spot weld the new windshield frame to.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
once you use a spot weld drill, such as a rotobroach or the ones sold at autobody supply houses, you can carefully use an air chisel to help "pop" up the hinge off the cowl panel. don't plan on reuseing it, as it will be killed from this process.
after you get the frame off, be sure to prep the cowl panel accordingly, filling any holes by welding/pacthing as needed. sand it smooth, maybe some rust neutralizer if you'd like. any holes in it, will cause water to get into the cab and cause more rust. then weld your new frame and hinge one.i found it i weld the hinge to the w/s frame then get it positioned correctly onto the cowl, it makes it alot easier.
word of advice:
as you are about to break out the hinge,have someone there to help support the frame, as it has a tendency to want to fall back into the truck atop the steering wheel.