• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How do you remove the stock antennae

cavscout68

Loc.
north pole, alaska
hey guys I've got a 71 EB. trying to figure out how on earth this stock radio antennae comes out. the underside of the fenders is coated in some cheap rhino liner type material so its making it hard to see everything thats there and the angle makes it difficult to reach in and really get the force to clean stuff off. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
There's the big nut on the top of the fender and a bolt/screw on the bracket on the bottom of the antennae housing. The cable is attached to the antennae and comes out with it.

Kyle.malone

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Norman, OK
Remove all the pieces on the outside of the fender. Push the antenna all the way down. Remove the fender.. The antenna is bolted through the kick panel with two bolts and there should be another bolt from the outside. (3 bolts total holding it on). Replace fender and it's gone. Fill hole.

tortuga

This is easier with an antenna wrench for the castellated nut on top.

broncodrew

mine was easy...the rust took care of most of the bottom where the bracket attaches to the inner fender then all i had to do is loosen the nut at the top and then slide the cable out and joila! thank you rust:( now i have one more thing that i have to figure out how to fix.

chuckinphx

Loc.
phx
a very stout tree branch helped me remove mine last week , gotta fill the hole or try one that retracts all the way down...