• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much oil in a 302?

6bronco6

How many quarts should my 1987 302 take? I believe it has a truck oil pan on it, but not sure. It is the gt intake, so im assuming it is the gt motor.

Dr. Awsome

Loc.
Provo
It does take 5! :mad: But only if you don't change the oil filter. %) If you want to do it right it will defently take 6 quarts.

Delta4WheelDrive

Loc.
Bakersfield
thegreatjustino said:
I have the original owner's manual that came with my '69, and it states six quarts with filter change.

What's up justin!! Hey, it looks like I have saved a ton on money shorting myself a quart of oil each time. It's amazing that I have never even questioned this in the past... %)