• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How much snow did you get?

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
We got about 12" of new snow yesterday and last night.
I had to move my '73 so I could clear the snow that had drifted around it in the driveway. After it was warmed up I locked in the hubs and put it in 4 wheel Hi and headed down the street. I soon found out the front end was'nt working?:? . I'm thinking the grease was thick from the cold. Anyhow I was able to get it around the block with a lot of skinny pedal;D
I bought this last fall and have not really drove it much.
It has a fresh rebuilt Jasper 302, Holley Projection, Performer manifold,
Shorty headers and new dual exhaust. The PO never mentioned anything about a cam, but I found a install sheet for a competition cam in a box of extra parts he gave me with the Bronco. This rig sounded sweet Just ask my neighbors;D
Stay tuned this Bronco is going to be Transformed into a trail rig for Memorial weekend!

Gerry

Gerry

Attachments

• DSCN2527.JPG
    DSCN2527.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 30

Mherriford

Loc.
Oregon City, OR
Ok to check your front end, Lock in the hubs, put the transfercase in neutral, and get underneath and turn the driveshaft. Watch the axles at the knuckles to see if they both turn. Last summer I had a hub stick open, so the front end had nothing because the side with the stuck hub would just spin. If your axles both spin, put the transfercase in 4 wheel and the transmission in gear and see if the front driveshaft still turns, if it does I would say the problem is in the transfer case
HTH

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Here's a pic earlier today at about 3 inches. We eventually got around 5. That's a pretty big snow for the DC area. ;D

Attachments

• DSC02884.JPG
    DSC02884.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 86

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
Here's a pic earlier today at about 3 inches. We eventually got around 5. That's a pretty big snow for the DC area. ;D

That looks like a perfect backdrop for a calander pic, if you were just posing a little. :)

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I got about an inch, in the top of my freezer.
Thats as good as it gets.

Bax

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
We ended up with about 10" by this evening. Then, around 7pm out of nowhere we got a quick hailstorm :eek:

Snow-02.jpg

Hail-01.jpg

Last edited:

A4x4Junky

Loc.
South Jersey
A bit of freezing rain mixed with some powder. Nothing amazing. Made the roads a little messy, but nothing worth 4wd.

Anthony

OP
OP
neonizagas

neonizagas

Loc.
Minneapolis, MN
Here we go again! We're getting another big time snow storm right now.
Maybe 21" before it's all over. Iowa was declared a disaster area.
2 interstates shut down in southern Minnesota. :eek:

Gerry

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:cool: :cool: :cool: Yesterday it was 70 lastnight we got 3/8" of snow and 40 mph wind and didnt get over 32 today. That sucks big time in the land of OZZZZZZZZZZZ.%) %) %) Bill :cool: :D :p

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Here we go again! We're getting another big time snow storm right now.
Maybe 21" before it's all over. Iowa was declared a disaster area.
2 interstates shut down in southern Minnesota. :eek:

Gerry

Hey Gerry, I saw that MN was getting nailed too! Today's storm started as thunderstorms and is now a blizzard with snow and winds at 60 mph. Sucks! Parts of Iowa just northwest of us got around 16"! The DOT closed down about every interstate in Iowa. Omaha got drilled earlier today as well. Then ice/snow storm of last weekend still has about 30,000 people out of power through this storm too. Can't wait for spring!!!;D

Tim

Mtn Gote

Loc.
Sultan Wa.
Yep, I got around 7-8 inches of snow. The ole' bronco got a work out I can tell you that!!!!!!!!!!! My buddy and I played around at this fishing spot for about an hour. It was untouched when we were finished everything was tore up!!!!!!!!
Cory,

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
We got a few inches the last storm

This storm we got about 2 inches, then sleet, then freezing rain, followed by tons of plane old rain.

My Bronco is all covered up