• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to cut front fenders?

lala

Loc.
Paso Robles, CA
I'm not ready for front flares yet but I want to cut the front part of my fenders to fit 33s. I only have a 3.5" lift(old=2.5). No drop trackbar bracket and old bushings means about 1" of lean. Right now the 33s rub the front in a turn. I dont want to cut them too bad so I cant fit flares properly later. Any helpful tips or pics are appreciated.

BlackHorse

The part you need to cut is the very front corner. If you cut off just a 4" triangle section where the fender starts to turn under to follow the shape of the grill that should be all you need to do. If you look close you should be able to see exactly where the tire has been rubbing. Small cut, can't hardly see it from the side of the Bronco. Hope this makes sence.