• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How To?? Folding Windshield down

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I see my bronco has a hinge...but when you fold it down....where does it go?
Is there some kind of kit to secure it when it's folded down?
What parts am I missing?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
To release the windshield, take the top off and remove the bolts or knobs on the left and right side of the dash almost in the upper corners. On the 66-69 Broncos the hoods stock came with a hold down loop on it to secure it while driving. If you are missing it you can get it from a vendor. I'd have mine down on my 67 all the time on trail rides, was a ton of fun.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Only early 69's had the latch. When Ford converted the Bronco to electric wipers in mid-year they did away with the latch mechanism and stopped advertising that it had a fold down windshield.

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Got both electric wipers and fold down windshield on my 69! Ford used up the left over 68 parts so I got vacuum wipers but I replaced them with an electric upgrade...so I ended up with both features.:cool:

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
If it's been very long since its been folded down be very careful with the hinge, its probably rusted up pretty good.

commoncold

I was eventually going to mount 200lb capacity rubber strips inside the engine compartment. I can pull them through the vents of the hood and hook them onto custom pins on either side of the windshield frame.

The point of doing this is so that it is hidden from view. I don't like the idea of an eyesore being on my rig; the latch that came stock.

Wyldebill

Loc.
Berthoud, Colorado
I was eventually going to mount 200lb capacity rubber strips inside the engine compartment. I can pull them through the vents of the hood and hook them onto custom pins on either side of the windshield frame.

The point of doing this is so that it is hidden from view. I don't like the idea of an eyesore being on my rig; the latch that came stock.

You do know that "eyesore," serves not only to latch the windshield down, but it also serves as a support to keep the whind sheild off of the hood, don't you?

commoncold

Rubber stoppers are the ticket, I have a fiberglass hood and I'm a little weary of mounting things on something so thin. Its just a personal preference, my truck is so far beyond stock it might look a little funny on the hood too ;D

However, on an uncut all original it would look authentic IMO