• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to Need Help NV3550 to Klune v to Dana 20

Weevil

I have seen some pics but would like info on doing this upgrade.Have ordered a Klune V , David and now that it is being built there seems to be some confusion of
bolting it togeather .Need info NOW as I would like to get it togeather along with a Hi Nine in time for OCBR in Hot Springs in Sept .
PM or Email me PLEASE or post PLEASE ,I really would like to do this .
Darwin Hopper

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Dont really know why there would be confusion. maybe once you have it in front of you you'll understand. but basically if they build you the correct one the klune v should bolt right up to the NV3550 then you take your D20 input gear and install it on the kluneV t case input shaft and bolt it all together. should only end up being 6.5 in longer than your current setup.

OP
OP
Weevil

Weevil

The people at Klune are telling me I have to have a NV4500 ,that they dont have it for NV3550
Yet I see pics of them. I have a NV3550 in it right now with a Dana 20and that was no prob.I will talk to them tomarrow and see if they have figured it out .

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well then they are the people you have to deal with if they dont make it they dont make it. Kind of odd though considering that the NV3550 should be the same spline count and bolt pattern as many of the other jeep setups. maybe its the jeep to bronco D20 part they dont make. For what its all worth I'd probably just go with a Atlas t case or a stak. Yes they are more $$ than a klune V but they are also both stronger than the D20

bad 68

Loc.
Northest Washington
Here's a few pics of the setup. It fits perfect in an EB. Rear drivline length ends up being around 36 inches, not too short especially with a high9. The Atlas doesn't fit between the frame rails. If you don't mind spending another $1000 and loosing 4 inches of ground clearance, go with the Atlass. D20 is plenty strong.

Attachments

• Picture 089.jpg
    Picture 089.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 090.jpg
    Picture 090.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 093.jpg
    Picture 093.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 15