• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

How to remove stock windshield wiper arms

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
I have not been able to find any good info on this. I dont want to destroy what I have and want to be able to reuse them.

It would be helpful to see pictures of the steps and tools that would make life easier.

While were on this subject is it possible to put on longer arms in the stock lo action or is there some modification to make that happen? If it is possible can you provide a part number or where to get them?

Thank you in advance for your time/help,

Sonny

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Flip the arms up and you'll see a small 90 degree piece slightly sticking out from the part that slips onto the splined shaft coming through the windshield. Use a flat blade screwdriver to slide that 90 degree piece out and the arm will slide off the splines.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Flip the arms up and you'll see a small 90 degree piece slightly sticking out from the part that slips onto the splined shaft coming through the windshield. Use a flat blade screwdriver to slide that 90 degree piece out and the arm will slide off the splines.

Yep, tricky at first. Then the second one comes right off. Easy fix. I always chuckle at the nice Broncos with the arms not set correctly.

OP
OP
FORD*DIEHARD

FORD*DIEHARD

Contributor
Thank you everyone for your replies and thank you billh1289 for that write up link to the upgrade, I think I am going to try that. Hope it goes as smooth for me as all the other members that did the upgrade.

Thank you,

Sonny

TX-ZACH

Contributor
Loc.
Chappell Hill Texas
Well I did not have the patience to not fubar the arms but wanted to share the devil clip that you need to hold back while working back and forth off. IMO these were designed for one time install.

Attachments

• IMG_2999.JPG
    IMG_2999.JPG
    131.9 KB · Views: 31