• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost hose routing with BCB PS filter

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Can anyone walk me thorugh the high and low pressure hose routing using this set up? Or snap some pics? I need to get some custom length hoses made and I am lost.....two many inlets/outlets. Only pics on the web show the addition of a PS cooler, not a PS filter.

Stock Ford EB PS gear
Explorer pump
Explorer reservior
Chevy hydroboost
BCB PS filter - two low pressure ports and one HP -6 AN high pressure fitting

I have sucessfully done this exact upgrade before on a previous bronco, but sold it and my memory is not what it used to be.

68rustbucket

Loc.
San Marcos,TX
Wish I was at home Matt, could get you a diagram drawn up. I'm running the BCB filter and p/s cooler with HB from late 70's Diesel caddy. Wont be home til Saturday nite.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
diagrams are nice but here is the words. Start at the pump HP port, then to the HB IN, then from HB OUT to the steering box IN, steering box OUT to the IN of the filter, the out of the filter to the reservoir IN. The return of the HB goes to the other filter port. If you want(and you should)to run a cooler put it from the OUT of the box to the cooler, the OUT of the cooler to the IN of the filter. As I said the diagrams are nice but this may give you a couple of extra days

OP
OP
mp

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
diagrams are nice but here is the words. Start at the pump HP port, then to the HB IN, then from HB OUT to the steering box IN, steering box OUT to the IN of the filter, the out of the filter to the reservoir IN. The return of the HB goes to the other filter port. If you want(and you should)to run a cooler put it from the OUT of the box to the cooler, the OUT of the cooler to the IN of the filter. As I said the diagrams are nice but this may give you a couple of extra days

Got the low pressure side figured out, and added a cooler.

I think what has me confused is the 6 AN fitting on the BCB PS filter. This is entirely a low pressure set up, right? But it has a 6 AN fitting?

68rustbucket

Loc.
San Marcos,TX

This is how I did mine Matt.

Lunchbox

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Cooler

Lol I’m working on the same thing next week, just waiting on the hose fittings. Also thank you Chuck with BC Bronco’s for the cooler it looks great!!