• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost line length dimmension help needed

bosshoff

Contributor
How long are your Hydroboost lines? (Measured, not including the fittings.) I am looking at a 302 w/ Saginaw dual return, Astro boost mounted duirectly to the firewall without an angled bracket. I'd like to have them made ahead off time.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
All depends on a few things, where pump is located and how the hydroboost is mounted and in what location (normal brake location or shifted location) Mine are made of steel brake line and I bend and trim to fit so my lengths would be very little use to you.
Are you useing a flexible line??
TOFIC

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I've not installed mine yet, but my measurements came out to three feet of hose for the hydroboost to power steering high pressure line, two feet of hose for the pump to hydroboost high pressure line, a foot (or less) of hose for the power steering box to pump return, and two and a half feet of hose for the hydroboost to pump return.

OP
OP
bosshoff

bosshoff

Contributor
TOFIC, I plan to use some sort of flexible line. My local Napa will make rubber lines, so I may go that route. I may also look at ordering Russel or Summit or some one else's braided stuff, and doing it myself. Honestly, I'd rather not bother with it, as I know nothing about braided connections, etc. It must be apparent, I have not made up my mind.
I plan on mounting the Hydroboost in the stock location, without an angled adapter. I also plan on using a West Coast Broncos Saginaw pump bracket (based on your recomendation, I think.:) )
I heard from the grapevine that a supplier uses lines which are 24" & 27", the longer being between the Hydrobooster and the steering box.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I heard from the grapevine that a supplier uses lines which are 24" & 27", the longer being between the Hydrobooster and the steering box.

That sounds about right.

Todd Z.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
TOFIC, I plan to use some sort of flexible line. My local Napa will make rubber lines, so I may go that route. I may also look at ordering Russel or Summit or some one else's braided stuff, and doing it myself. Honestly, I'd rather not bother with it, as I know nothing about braided connections, etc. It must be apparent, I have not made up my mind.
I plan on mounting the Hydroboost in the stock location, without an angled adapter. I also plan on using a West Coast Broncos Saginaw pump bracket (based on your recomendation, I think.:) )

if you dont like the braided stuff, try my route, bending up brake line.
Did mine in about an hour, only flex connections are the two to the pump.
Low pressure connection was a piece of fuel line I had (3/8 i think)
High pressure flex connection was a 12 inch piece or hydraulic line I got at the farm supply store, even had flared fittings on it.
Brake line rated for the pressure, easy to work with and really inexpensive to buy. I use the heavy steel stuff, rated to 6000 lbs, the most pressure you will get into it is under 2000. So I dont worry about it bursting.
Also my Hydroboost is machined for flared fittings so it was a natural way to go.
check out my hydroboost article on the left<<< if you want costs.
Yes, Dusty's pump mount is one of the better ones. relatively inexpensive too.
TOFIC

malcolmzilla

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Calgary, AB, Canada
I had em made up at 30", could have been shorter but my 3rd is 30" and will work as a spare. Routings not too ugly.

Attachments

• DSCF2276%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    DSCF2276%20%28Medium%29.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 70