• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost push rod

mjramacher

I lost my hydroboost push rod to the master cylinder anybody know the length it should be stock ,the booster came out of a 97 astro van with the angle bracket. not the rod that goes to the brake pedel the one inside the unit thanks.

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
you would be better off to make it fit yours exactly. Put a rod that is too long in there and measure the difference between the mounting flanges. then cut the rod off almost that much. you want the rod to be just a little long at this point. Then grind the end round and take a little bit of metal off at a time until the two surfaces just come together. Take another .020 or less off to give it a little endplay. Harbor freight cheap calipers makes this all pretty easy.

OP
OP
M

mjramacher

Thanks for the reply I have calipers I made my clocking plate yesterday out of .250 6061 aluminum I have new rod I was just going to make the rod .250 longer but I guess I could try it your way thanks.

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Could you post photos of your clocking plate? I need to dab one shortly. Thx

Hank

OP
OP
M

mjramacher

Could you post photos of your clocking plate? I need to dab one shortly. Thx

Hank

here are a couple a pics for ya the machine shop wanted 230.00 bucks to make one.i almost threw up and just ordered a 1'x1' piece of 6061 made a crude drawing and went to work on the plate took me 3hr with my simple tools.painted it black because I didn't want to polish I was being lazy if I get more screw off time I will make three more hopefully they will be a little better than the first.

Attachments

• clocking plate template.jpg
    clocking plate template.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 40
  • clocking plate 1.jpg
    clocking plate 1.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 47
OP
OP
M

mjramacher

That would be great but the machine shops around here are to pricy for my taste they must be very busy to give me a price of 230.00 for one ten might bring it down to 150.00 not sure that's a very good deal maybe somebody would have better luck in there area.