• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

hydroboost return line fittings

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta
I have searched and have found some information but not all I'll need for this small job. I wondered if anyone knew for certain what fittings I'd need. The idea is to eliminate the hose clamps and replace the old braided hose with -6an fittings and new braided line. I know its not necessary! I realize that I could simply disconnect the fittings and search around my shop for the right size or take em to the hardware store but id like to get all fittings on hand so i can do this on one shot. The weather is nice and the kids and I are enjoying the truck and I don't want it to be stuck in my shop for weeks until i find time to sort out the sizes. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a chevy hboost (89 suburban I think)

saginaw canned ham pump - the return is a hard line. Not sure there is enough straight section on this hard line to install a tube to -6AN fitting but i could give it a shot i think its a 3/8" hard line?

stock steering box- has a hard line but is attached with a fitting these might be 11/16 -18 inverted flare WH has em
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Fitting_6x11-16-18_Inverted_Flare/Off-Road_Hydaraulics_Plumbing
here are some pics for reference:

Attachments

• IMG_3748.jpg
    IMG_3748.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_3752.jpg
    IMG_3752.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_3753.jpg
    IMG_3753.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 68

pbwcr

Broncofan76
At the box you have the correct fitting for a push on hose Why not use one of the Earls dress up covers for that end.
At the HB its supposed to also have a push on fitting. If it is visible why not do the same thing there.
At the pump as you know it has a push on tube. If you want a different fitting then you must weld on a bung. Otherwise use the dress up Earl fitting there as well.
In any event if you demand AN fittings then a change in fitting is needed at all locations.

Dress up fitting
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ear-900306erl/overview/
PaulW

OP
OP
Broncofan76

Broncofan76

Loc.
Atlanta