• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Hydroboost Return Line Leak

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
Fellas - I am eliminating leaks and this one has me stymied. My low pressure return hose from the HB goes to a T with the PS and everything works exactly as I would like it.

However the return line near the HB always has a drop of two of fluid on it that ends up dripping on the headers and smoking. I took the fitting out of the HB and carefully put some teflon tape on it being careful not to interfere with the port. Put on a new hose clamp and trimmed the old piece of hose off (had clamp marks).

Still leaking. Suggestions? I have hose clamps on my cap so I know it is not leaking from there. My fluid in the master does not seem to go down (I have bot checked in weeks / months) and if that was leaking I would have other issues.

Thanks!

sanndmann3

Bronco Guru
Is it possible that the hydroboost casting has a hairline crack, causing the leak?

bludorbronc

There is no pressure on that line.for hose clamp,use a fuel injection hose clamp.once you see one you will notice the difference.they clamp a lot better.

OP
OP
pcf_mark

pcf_mark

Bronco Guru
I have the little o ring in there and an EFI hose clamp sorry I did not mention that. I was very afraid to over tighten the fitting because I had one snap off before. With an o-ring I think it should never leak but added teflon tape as a precaution.