• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I could use a good measurment from someone please!

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
Putting upper and lower bedsides, latch pillars and wheelwells in my EB. I could sure use a measurement on the width of the upper bedsides at the
front most upper corner ( left side to right side) and rear most upper corner ( near the post holes to ensure that I'm where I need to be. I have the full top bolted on and the doors line up good, but I want to get it right the first time.
Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
A special thank you for the outpouring of help I have received on getting a simple width measurement on a body tub. Maybe I should have talked about what color I might paint it, or that I saw a EB on the highway today. Geez....

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
Thank you guys. I appreciate it very much. I looked a lot online in different places and couldn't find anything. I have an old Bronco brochure that had the 56" dimension on it in a diagram for the rear, but didn't know how approximate it was. That verifies what I needed. Thanks for taking the time!

Attachments

• 06-14-13 003.jpg
    06-14-13 003.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 31
  • 06-14-13 004.jpg
    06-14-13 004.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 06-14-13 005.jpg
    06-14-13 005.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 31
OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
Are those the new pre-assembled quarters they are making? Looks good.

No, I got the wheelwell, upper bedside, lower bedside, latch pillar, and rocker from Tom's Bronco Parts. The finish is pretty good. I cut and re-welded the lower front corner of the upper bedside, where it meets the rear of door. It was off a bit. the lower bedside seems good length ways from front to back, but I'm going to have to re-work the contour for it to match the door. One problem I have right now that is keeping me from welding is an enormous gap from the bottom of the door to the rocker edge. I am going to try to pull out the bottom of the rocker to see if it will close up the gap. Other than that, I may have to re-think cutting the rocker in half length ways and move the lower half up about 3/8 of an inch. Don't want to do that..........any ideas guys? The top of the inner rocker where the seal goes should be level with the floor, right?

Attachments

• 6-15-13 004.jpg
    6-15-13 004.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 26
  • 6-15-13 005.jpg
    6-15-13 005.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 26
  • 6-15-13 006.jpg
    6-15-13 006.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 27

sp71eb

Loc.
North Liberty, Ia
I had the same problem. When I fit up my rocker it had about a 3/4 inch gap. I squeezed the bottom and top together and that didn't help the gap much. try bringing the bottom of your inner rocker out a bit, if the rocker comes out at the bottom that will help close up the gap. Also be careful, I noticed that the better the gap got the inner top of the rocker got really close to the bottom of the door shell. Hope this helps.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
JBG's catalog always used to have that eb sketch wuth dimensions all over it. But it looks like you got what you needed.

66' bronco

Loc.
Manistique, MI
The rockers are made of two pieces spot welded together in the middle, just drill out the spot welds and move the bottom part up and reweld the spot welds. We had to do this on both rockers cause they didn't come close to fitting right.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
The rockers are made of two pieces spot welded together in the middle, just drill out the spot welds and move the bottom part up and reweld the spot welds. We had to do this on both rockers cause they didn't come close to fitting right.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

That is exactly how I am going to it. Thanks!

OP
OP
TPTFPS68

TPTFPS68

Loc.
Mexico, Mo
I had the same problem. When I fit up my rocker it had about a 3/4 inch gap. I squeezed the bottom and top together and that didn't help the gap much. try bringing the bottom of your inner rocker out a bit, if the rocker comes out at the bottom that will help close up the gap. Also be careful, I noticed that the better the gap got the inner top of the rocker got really close to the bottom of the door shell. Hope this helps.

Yep. I tried to " cheat " the whole rocker panel up, and the door started rubbing the inner rocker. I will split the upper and lower on the spot welds, Install the upper where it needs to go and line up the lower to the door. I appreciate the imput!

BDAZSVT

My wife works for an large engineering co. she printed it on a plotter.Here is a pic in the garage.