• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got 3rd Place!

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Today I entered my Bronco in our first car show. There were 180+ cars there, I think 18 or 20 in my class which included race cars, prototypes, other strange stuff, a Pinzgauer, a Jeep, and my Bronco. I ended up with a 3rd place finish behind a local car collector who also has a museum and show room full of hot rods, so all in all I think it went great!

There was a wide variety of cars, about a dozen Model A's, Cushman scooters, lowriders, a 6x6 Pinzgauer, Pantera, Ford GT, some super clean 50's Crown Vic's, tons of Mustangs, and Camaro/Firebirds, a Corvair, a hemi powered wide body Z (won best of show, I'm not sure why?%)), tons of great cars...

Man the Bronco brethren was out in force today, I talked to several local guys who were in mid-project and a few that drove their rigs to the show, including a cherry metallic green rig that I've never seen around (he won 3rd place with his 57' beetle). I saw several familiar faces and earned some respect from several (dozen it seems like) non-bronco fans. All had props and good things to say... Several commenting how clean and 'factory' the efi, and hydroboost looked. Most didn't believe that I did 99.9% of the work including the paint (tooting my own horn)! I only had 1 kid call it a jeep, everyone else knew exactly what it is.

After the show I even stopped and helped a 50's Thunderbird who suffered a fuel pump failure 70 miles from home. Luckily I didn't have to change the pump, it would have taken hours! You could barely see the thing under the A/C, power steering pump, external oil pump/cooler....

What a great Bronco day!

Attachments

• PICT9527.JPG
    PICT9527.JPG
    164.9 KB · Views: 180
  • PICT9528.JPG
    PICT9528.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 169
  • PICT9531.JPG
    PICT9531.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 197
  • PICT9536.JPG
    PICT9536.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 183

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good Job Casey you really had your job cut out for you in that odd ball catch all class the 4x4's were in.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Nice work! Well deserved award. It was one of my favorite builds to watch this past year. You did a hell of a job! Even cooler to know you've built it to wheel too. :cool:

OP
OP
needabronco

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Yea, my rocker rash even drew positive comments! People seemed amazed that I'd take it out and actaully wheel it...

Thanks for all the compliments guys, I really put a lot of work into this one, making sure all the details were just right!

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet Bronco, congrats on the show, great job on the resto
frenchy

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
Great looking Bronco. Red is eye catching color - by spectators, car show judges, and Police :). Keep entering the shows - great way to meet a ton of cool people. Congrats on the 3rd Place.

mavereq

Bronco Guru
beautiful bronco and a well deserved award. which bumpers are those?