• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I got robbed of my tunes

rjrobin2002

Bronco Guru
I was driving home from work today in my bronco and I noticed my speakers were not working. I figured a wire had disconected or something. I got home and looked behind my seat and realized someone stole my 6x9's from behind my seat. I had my face plate off my stereo so they did not mess with it. I was really not mad though because I was just happy that no damage was done to a recent $5000 paint and interior make over. I do not lock my doors so someone would just open the door and take what they wanted without damaging anything. Everyone is saying that I was stupid for not locking my doors. They stole my stuff on federal property at a VA hospital in Shreveport. I am now worried about my Bronco getting stolen.

7bronco6

Loc.
PA
I'm sorry about your speakers, that sucks. But the good thing is they only took your speakers, and not your Bronco. I remember reading that if you have a soft top you shouldn't lock your doors because they would just cut the top. But if you have a hardtop I would probably lock my doors, because unless they have a slimjim or something they'd have to break the glass. I know people don't like to talk about specifics on here, and what they did, but I'd do a search about some anti-theft devices that you could hide in your Bronco.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
might be worth it to bolt your speaker boxes down, then mount the speakers in the boxes. mine are mounted on top of my rear wheel wells and they're bolted down so they don't walk off.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
I'd would talk to your security. Let them know what happened. It's too late for you but it might help the next guy.

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
Battery disconnect switch, unless they have a tow truck it'll take some time to hotwire it. X2 on talking to security. Maybe they will step up and keep a little better eye out. Can't hurt to let them know, anyway.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
Check with the hospital; they may have parking lot cams. Unfortunately, cops are probably not going to go out of their way for a set of speakers, but it could become part of a bigger arrest if the punks get caught stealing elsewhere.

vinson

Loc.
south bend
sorry about your speakers. I was in shreveport back in may to pick, up a 75 that I had ordered new and sold to a friend so 24 years later I get it back I now live in Indiana. at the time I live down there we had a 4x4 club called the Rough riders is it still there? lots of freinds and family dowm there

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Right after my friend bought his 68, he built the beefiest speaker box ever into his truck. (2) 15's, bolted down from the inside.

He drove it from Nevada to Michigan, and the first night in Flint, MI (attending GMI) some a-holes busted the rear lock mech on the hardtop, pried the box out of the truck (destroying the box but getting the speakers) sliced up his nice stock bench to get to his amps (you could see the seat springs through the front window), stole his head unit and ripped out his CB.

I hate a-holes.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
I also added one of the Grant vehicle security system steering wheel locks. Granted they could pry it apart and try and drive it with a vise grips or something, I really do not think they would be that successfull.

I figure 90% of these lazy F@#!s would pass on a vehicle that takes too much time to steal. If they were that tenacious they would probably already have jobs!

Then again having no wiring system, driveshafts or braking system and missing the front clip dash and other items while sitting on dollys in my garage makes it pretty hard to steal anyway;D
Dennis