• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

i have a 1970 bronc,3rd one,i think i have 3:50 gears

mountainman

Loc.
colorado
i cant hardly drive this thing in town........i'ts like being in 3rd gear all the time. the seals are leakin in the 3 speed so if i have a mechanic go in there anyway what is the cheapest way for me to gear this thing down? i'm a poor boy right now and am not going to do anything more than daily driver and mild to moderate trail running. oh yea and kiss it goodnight every night but that's a whole other issue.

mr incredible

Bronco Guru
cheapest way is probly to go to a smaller tire size ,, what size are they now ? i have 350 gears and 35 's ..with the 3 speed , i do ok ,, but it aint like you are describing ,, i can get around pretty well ,, actually ,,,, it is not a crawler by any means ... but it is ok ...

lots depends on tire size ....

Pokey71

Bronco Guru
Im running 33's with the stock 3:50 and im just fine... but then again im running the NP435 and with the dana in low and first...its low enough...

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:p :p :p If you can do your own work the rear about 180.00 to go 4:11 and then save up for the front. If you do it your self about 180.00 and you should be good to go that will let you run up to 33's. You want to go bigger on the tires then go with 4:56's good luck and have fun.:p :p :p Bill %) :cool: ;D