• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I love my WAH!

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Props to Chuck at BC for the WAH! I tested mine out this weekend on some pretty decent rock gardens up at Big Bear and wow, its an entirely different machine! Where before I would teeter whenever a tire went over a rock and I'd be sucking up seat, now the rig walks through and over everything and keeps all four tires firmly planted on terra firma.

Here it is WITH the WAH, this past weekend on the Holcomb Creek Trail at the Big Bear Bronco Bash. And it wasn't even near lifting a tire yet--it could have gone much further (I need to get it on a ramp to find its true limitation):
DSCN3579.jpg

This is one of the BEST mods I've done to my Bronco. I highly recommend it!

Dusty

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Thats awesome Dusty, Congrats!!
Im poor so im going with a wristed arm, I hope I can get some decent flex with it. Maybe some day Ill get the WAH.

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Dusty,
Did you cut and weld it yourself or did you send the 44 to Chuck to have it installed, or did you have a local shop put it together for you? If yes, what tools did you use and how long did it take, or how much did the installation cost?

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Chuck did it for me but it can be done by home fabricators or by a local shop. Howiebuilt here on classicbroncos installed one himself.

Dusty

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Hey Dusty,
what other susp comonents do you use, like what coils do you use, leafs? Shock setup? and any other info you might be willing to offer. Thank you.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Dusty is running the stock radius arms. I think he has the 10 degree radius arm bushings too. My coils and national long springs.

Desert Thrasher

Bronco Guru
Thanks Chuck ;D
Im in the middle of deciding what coils to choose for my rig, I know I want your leaf spring rockers ( my leafs are stock and I currently have 3.5" rancho coils) and when I get my wristed arm I am going to change coils. Thanks again.

JTCamp

Loc.
Austin, Texas
Chuck-

This has come up before but are you talking about the C-bushings that are 10*? If so, where do you get them...I know it has been discussed before, but for those that have the 4.5 lift and need more caster, that might just work. Thanks.

John

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Boy, that looks cool...

How well does it handle on the road? Is there an increase in body roll during cornering, any change in stability when driving at high speeds and hitting bumps, etc?

Thanks,

Jerry

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
[quote author=jtcamp link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147577 date=1056568675]
Chuck-

This has come up before but are you talking about the C-bushings that are 10*? If so, where do you get them...I know it has been discussed before, but for those that have the 4.5 lift and need more caster, that might just work. Thanks.

John

I am talking about the bushings at the end of the radius arms.[/quote]

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
[quote author=chuck link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147586 date=1056571164]
[quote author=jtcamp link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147577 date=1056568675]
Chuck-

John

I am talking about the bushings at the end of the radius arms.[/quote]
[/quote]

I know this isn't related, but you are almost a Bronco God. ;D

IronBenderII

D-Man, were you running just stock radius arms before or did you have a wristed arm?

-Jack

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
Way to go Dusty ! I know you're gonna love it . I do ;) I never thought about the 10 degree bushings on the ends. Does it help ? I put new rubber ones on mine when I did it .

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Dusty that looks great, glad to see you finally got the rig up and running. Are you happy with all the build/mods?

Chuck, as usual you've made another excellent product. All I want to know is when you'll have the WAH available for the thick tubed D44s??? I'd love one in mine, but I have the earlier RC D44.
Joe

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Desert Thrasher link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147521 date=1056561301]
Hey Dusty,
what other susp comonents do you use, like what coils do you use, leafs? Shock setup? and any other info you might be willing to offer. Thank you.
[/quote]

I run BC 5.5" coils in the front and early 90's F150 leaves in the back which are 10" longer than stock. I run dual 14" Bilstein 7100s on all corners on custom hoops I built myself. All of this was already in place before the WAH, but I wasn't able to take advantage of it until now. Oh yeah, when I put in the WAH I went with the 10* offset radius arm bushings where before I had stock rubber bushings from WH.

Dusty

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=Jerry link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147585 date=1056570290]
Boy, that looks cool...

How well does it handle on the road? Is there an increase in body roll during cornering, any change in stability when driving at high speeds and hitting bumps, etc?

Thanks,

Jerry
[/quote]

I did not notice ANY extra body roll. I drive it like Mario Andretti on flat surfaces, and it seemed to handle fine. Especially on smooth graded forest roads where I keep my foot on the skinny pedal in a four-wheel drift through the curves!

Dusty

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
[quote author=IronBenderII link=board=5;threadid=19230;start=0#msg147628 date=1056582446]
D-Man, were you running just stock radius arms before or did you have a wristed arm?

-Jack
[/quote]

Just stock radius arms. Except for the 10* bushings, the WAH is the only thing different in my suspension from before. The pic below shos how dismal my flex was BEFORE the WAH. Keep in mind also that in this pic, the tires are lifting and in the WAH pic at the beginning of this thread, I could have gone quite a bit further without lifting a tire. PRE-WAH FLEX:
DSCN2259.jpg

Pretty dismal eh? Actually, the rear has always worked pretty good with the long leaves back there. But look at the difference in angle between the front axle and the body in this pic, its really pretty bad. The WAH fixed it!

Dusty