• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA I need a clean uncut original paint Bronco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
I am looking for a clean original paint uncut Bronco. I would really like a 1977 for the brakes, gas cap doors, Auto, PS, ect. The down side to a 76-77' is the smog. I am open to all years but want a unmolested truck. I am trying to find something with good original paint and very little to no rust. I know this is asking a lot given the usual rust that these tend to have. Must be a V8. Not asking for much.;D If you have something or know someone who does, please pass on my number. Doulgas Miller @951-258-6730

Trooper1276

Loc.
San Antonio TX
Good luck

I would like.....

To win the lottery
A supermodel that likes short out of shape dudes
Private plane?

Also an unmolested clean Stock bronco with no rust original paint and around 10,000 miles.

I hope we both get what we want! ;D

bronco-ed

unmolested bronco

i have 69 u15 wagon v8 100% original right down to the paint - still shines!
100% rust free! no accidents. contact Ed 215.768.2642

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1972 Ford Bronco Explorer model

I have a pretty original New Mexico Bronco. It belonged to my wife’s father since about 1980. Probably he was the second owner. He was a former B-17 pilot and POW, so he was pretty conservative about its use and did regular maintainance. He recently passed away at the age of 92 and had not driven it for several years. Still has the POW plates.

It is somewhat unusual as it is a 72, but has factory original power steering and the complete interior and exterior package of a 73+ Ranger/Explorer. It was not added later either. Dealer roof rack of 70s vintage. A remote mechanical spot light was added by the dealer as well. Otherwise pretty much original.

Interior is good, clean. Carpet is faded and could use replacement. I have been holding off on selling it because it needs a good detailing, especially nicks on the lower panels and white trim, to show its true value.

PM me if interested. Then we can do more discussion, if you think it is what you are looking for.

• NO RUST. It has been in New Mexico since new but under a car port.
• lime green-yellow, original paint
• factory original interior (full “Ranger type” interior with cloth seat inserts, door and rear quarter panels in matching sage green)
• mostly unmolested
- uncut, unmodified
- main exception is 3 speed floor shift
• Rare ’72 factory power steering (October 72 build)
• 3 speed manual, Autolite 2100 carburetor
• 4.11 rear axle (Trak-Lok)
• 30K miles on rebuilt 302

• what it needs
-new carpet [300]
-new carburetor [250]
-Explorer tire cover [100]
-detailing! [time]

$12000

Attached is a photo in its clean state.

Attachments

• Aubele_72Bronco_1982.jpg
    Aubele_72Bronco_1982.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 344
OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Thank you for the lead so far. I am happy to see you there still a lot of nice clean original roncos out there. Now I just have to be patient and wait for the perfect truck. Or as close to perfect as possible.;)

Sporto

I have a pretty original New Mexico Bronco. It belonged to my wife’s father since about 1980. Probably he was the second owner. He was a former B-17 pilot and POW, so he was pretty conservative about its use and did regular maintainance. He recently passed away at the age of 92 and had not driven it for several years. Still has the POW plates.

QUOTE]

Awesome story and Bronco.

Sorry for your loss, too many of these WWII guys are leaving us nowadays. :-[

R

ghost66

Bronco Guru
original bronco

Hang in there you'll find one, I did about 6 months ago. I also like the 77 with the fuel door but this one was too clean and well taken care of to stop me from buying it.

Attachments

• ranger 008.jpg
    ranger 008.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 191
OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
Hang in there you'll find one, I did about 6 months ago. I also like the 77 with the fuel door but this one was too clean and well taken care of to stop me from buying it.

Man, you got me all excited when I first saw the picture but then I read your post and felt the deep dark disappointment inside.:cry: That is a beautiful Bronco. I would love to find one like that, color and all. Great find. You have given me hope.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I found an unmolested, totally original Bronco in 2005. It had all the original (completely worn out) suspension and motor, Costco battery and tires. Now, it was not restored to any level....just used and somewhat maintained. They are out there...you just need to be patient!!

OP
OP
D

douglasmiller

Loc.
Menifee, CA
I found an unmolested, totally original Bronco in 2005. It had all the original (completely worn out) suspension and motor, Costco battery and tires. Now, it was not restored to any level....just used and somewhat maintained. They are out there...you just need to be patient!!

I am still looking for the right one. I am being patient for a change. There is a beautiful 77' in the for sale forum but 42K is just more than this guy has to spend.:(

pony boy

are u looking for a builder or built. have 1970 u14 1/2 cab has no paint yet could paint your color also have 1976 ranger w/408 new race motor street truck will 4x4 but built for street also 1973 ranger has won truck fest in denver 2005 and in 2007 builders i got a 1974 builder 1976 builder and a 1967 builder

williams

Loc.
Portland
I have a 77, original paint (light emerald green) in great condition for 35 years old, uncut, rust free as you will find, 302, manual, 91000 original miles, towed behind a motor home, so the motor has less miles then the chassis. All original engine compartment, passed Oregon smog no problem, interior in good condition. Just can't find where to attach photos.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Got a friend here in San Antonio who's looking to sell his 77 project. It has been torn down for paint though. I couldn't find rust on this thing and tried. Motor was rebuilt and he was in the process of having the body removed for complete restoration when the guy doing it was injured. Now, my buddy has lost interest and wants to buy something different. Will take $5K for it as is and it's worth every penny. PM me if interested. I don't have pics, but can give you a number to reach the guy.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
I am still looking for the right one. I am being patient for a change. There is a beautiful 77' in the for sale forum but 42K is just more than this guy has to spend.:(

That 77 in the for sale forum may be the nicest stock rendition I've ever seen and I would bet there is more than the sell price invested. Tell us what your really looking for and we'll watch out for you. Looks like you want a stock or slightly modified Ranger.

Status
Not open for further replies.