• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I really needed a second set of hands this weekend

bobscott

Sometimes it is hard to do this stuff without a second set of hands. All my buddies were tied up this weekend. Had to make a second set of hands for the roll bar install.

All I have to do now is put everything back in, reinforce the floor and weld the nuts to the bottom of the body. Then it is off to paint.

At this rate I might be driving it by years end.

Attachments

• 20140510_140018_resized.jpg
    20140510_140018_resized.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 181

lca'73

Loc.
Asheville, NC
Hey, that's awesome! You really are moving along. Looking great. Were you able to find somebody local to paint?

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Yea I know what you mean I use a crap load of ratchet straps some times.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

Hey, that's awesome! You really are moving along. Looking great. Were you able to find somebody local to paint?

Yup, a guy up here in Mount Juliet. I am sending it off to him June 2nd.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
Sometimes it is hard to do this stuff without a second set of hands. All my buddies were tied up this weekend. Had to make a second set of hands for the roll bar install.

All I have to do now is put everything back in, reinforce the floor and weld the nuts to the bottom of the body. Then it is off to paint.

At this rate I might be driving it by years end.

I added to my roll bar back in the fall, now I wish I would have went ahead and done the front too. Looks kind of crazy with just the back having the roll bar.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

I added to my roll bar back in the fall, now I wish I would have went ahead and done the front too. Looks kind of crazy with just the back having the roll bar.

I hear ya, but I plan on running with the top on at least as a safari top year round. I am mainly looking for a bit of protection for the munchins and a place to mount the 3 point belts.

By the way, I saw a blue EB running around this weekend. It was on Lebanon Rd. and OHB. Was it yours? If so, nice truck.

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
One of the best set of xtra lifting hands I have created is a boat winch mounted to the wall with a pulley mounted to the ceiling.

daddycreswell

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lebanon, TN
I hear ya, but I plan on running with the top on at least as a safari top year round. I am mainly looking for a bit of protection for the munchins and a place to mount the 3 point belts.

By the way, I saw a blue EB running around this weekend. It was on Lebanon Rd. and OHB. Was it yours? If so, nice truck.

That's why I did the rear add on in mine was for my boys. I laugh evertime the 13 yrd old gets in the back. He's 6 ft tall and he pretty much has to get on his knees and crawl back there. No that wasn't mine, I hardly leave Lebanon in mine, always worry it will break down or something.

OP
OP
bobscott

bobscott

6' @ 13! Hope that boy plays some football. Sounds like a good tackle in the making right there.

Joker11

Loc.
Yuma, Arizona
I never would have thought about using lumber. I don't know why. It makes sense. But I have a son that is 16. So he gets the grunt work.