• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I started and off-road blog. Please lemme know what you think

97XEB

When you get a chance, please also check out this link and let me know what you think: http://theoffroadreference.com/

It’s a side project I started originally just for friends and family. The intention is to entertain, generate interest and educate. (I want to get more of them into wheeling.)

I’m now at a point where I’d like to share it with, and more feedback from the off road community. Honestly, a lot of this stuff is going to be "no-brainer", already well known, and/or obvious info for the CB crowd, but please keep in mind my audience - newbies... or not even newbies yet...lol

Again, please let me know what you think and how I could make it better. (Yes, I already know I need to get more Bronco stuff out there.)

Thanks!

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
It's like reading a well written magazine article! Good job Jim! I can see how this will be helpful to many offroaders and aspiring offroaders. You definitely have a unique perspective on things since you own an old Bronco and a new Jeep.

jagdprcp

Loc.
San Diego
First, the content is awesome for someone looking to get in to off roading. In fact, the only complaint that I have is grammar. Here is a quote from your blog:

These are two of the best off-road vehicles every made, of all time!

It should be:

These are two of the best off-road vehicles ever made, of all time!

My suggestion is that once you finish your article walk away for awhile and then come back to proof read it. Once you have done that then post it.

Bad grammar on a site that is trying to educate me will send me running away.

Skeeeter

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I think it looks pretty darn good, gonna read some more later.

I'd definitely do the spell check :)

OP
OP

97XEB

Wow guys, sincere thanks for taking the time to give it a read and provide feedback. I really appreciate the kinds words, encouragement and the fixes... good catch and advice Skeeeter!

Keep the feedback coming and let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for posts. At some point I intend to do product reviews, etc.

Thanks again!