• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I think I found one - anyone in WA bribable?

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/4/8/31174848.htm<br><br>The guy seemed nice, but is no expert (nice that he can admit that - i hate it when people - read MEN ;) - make shit up when they don't have an answer...<br><br>PROS: stock 302 engine rebuilt with receipts - 20k on it<br>3 speed is on the floor<br>power steering<br>hard top in good condition<br>no major rust, only some surface rust on some small dents<br>floor had rust, was replaced<br>6 speaker sony cd player setup with amp<br>8" kicker subwoofer included but no amp <br>new tires and wheels in 2001<br>3" suspension lift, blocks in back, springs in front (not sure what that means)<br>headers - dual exhaust - loud <br>front is Dana 30, back is Ford 9" (stock)<br>smoother drive than most EBs because of nylon bushings, dual shocks in front and one in back<br><br><br>CONS:<br>no power brakes <br>front is 3:9:2 and back is 3:5:0 so it's not 4wd ready, one must be converted (said $100 for gear change and 1-2 hrs labor)<br>major dent in passenger rocker panel<br>rattle can paint job but he swears it looks good and doesn't have runs (i don't care, i'll probably repaint eventually but hope i get a price break for that)<br><br>?:<br>2 shifters for 4wd like some heeps and scouts - 1 into gear and 1 for rear diff?<br><br>he says it gets 10-12 mpg<br><br>SO what do you guys think? <br><br>AND who can i bribe to come and look at this thing with me tomorrow? i told him i'd be out there in stanwood at about 7pm. i will compensate you with dinner/cash equivalent. help a grrl out, i have a feeling this is a complex case because he said he's been trying to sell it for awhile and about 10 people have come to drive it and have loved it but he still has it. he took the price down from 6k to $5300. hoping i can get him down to $4500. don't you think that with the dings and the rattle can job that is fair?<br><br>GOD won't you be happy when i finally have one and i quit nagging all of you? haha.<br>

cactushorse

100 bucks for a gear change?ROFLMAO, call around to some shops for a price. i'd wonder what's up with this rig in the drivetrain dept. be patient g-girl,the right one will come along ;)

Amac70

ME
Well it looks decent and sounds decent. As for the gear change that is no big deal but you could probally find a complete dana 30 front in for a hundred bucks with the right gears. Hell i'd probally give you mine for a 100. As far as the twinstick shifter its basically one works front one works back. easier to shift then most stock linkage. Blocks in the suspensions arent' terribly good but mine work just fine without any of the typical problems some have. I don't think you'll be doing any hardcore wheeling(or will you) but i think it'll work just fine. and where is stanwood i would come and help you if its with in a resonable driveing distance aint got nothing better to do these day.Good luck

ps stanwood way to far away for me south of seatle would have been cool but stanwood seams to be up neat the border sorry

OP
OP
greasergrrl

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
so suspensions are what make the ride smooth which is why they are necessary for 4 wheeling, right? so would the block suspension make a rougher ride? not that i'm going to do a lot of 4 wheeling - the only reason i ask is well, rough jolts can be painful in the ol chest area if you know what i mean. i know that this is obviously going to be a rougher ride than my integra but if it's going to be too rough to be comfortable then i'd like to figure out how much that'll set me back to update the suspension.<br><br>anyway, i'm pretty psyched about the EB - it sounds like the problems are such that i can take care of them over time and that it's in sound mechanical condition. it was his daily driver for a few years and the only problem was he had to replace the alternator (which i had to do more times than i could count on my lemon of a saturn - don't get me started!)<br><br>also, he just replaced all the rubber seals and wiper motor. helps with the seattle weather.<br><br>Oh yeah! he said he has a soft top but it doesn't have the arms. should i take it or just buy one that has the arms?

OP
OP
greasergrrl

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
oh yeah - and he took the rollbar out because it didn't fit with the backseat he put in. front seats are from a mazda 626 and that backseat is from um, shit i can't remember.

Amac70

ME
The blocks in the rear will not effect the ride. since your just moveing the stock suspension up. It might cause axle wrap deppending on how week the old springs are but it should be okay.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I wouldn't roll into this one too fast. Its one of them "pay me now, or pay me later" deals. If you buy this one you'll want to really lowball on it. Even at $4500 I can see you dumping another $3000 into it easy! paint $2000,its got a dana30 with mismatched gears,softop,brakes, bodywork,Suspention (blocks arn't that good)......offer $3000 no more!....then walk and buy a better one with better stuff allready on it. Dont fall into the "love at first sight" thing.........look at a couple of em. Think...several people have walked away from this one.....why is that? Prob asking too much for what your gonna have to put into it money and time wise. Be careful. Go look at it but leave your checkbook at home! That way you can think about it and reasoning will kick in later. If it was anything at all it would be gone by now. ;) (you got to have an attitude like you dont care if you get it or not. Theres more out there.) If you do buy it (for real cheep)make sure he throws EVERYTHING in (rollbar,softop etc). My opinion, spend a little more and find a nice one. I say this 'caus you want to drive it now not 1-2 years from now when you've done the work.Good luck.

ps: I love it when the stereo is hyped to sell a vehicle. To me its a non issue.....it dosen't make the rig run any better.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
[quote author=greasergrrl link=board=5;threadid=8171;start=0#57784 date=1029731400]<br><br>GOD won't you be happy when i finally have one and i quit nagging all of you? haha.<br><br>[/quote]<br> <br> I don't think your nagging us, your just finding out as much as you can before you buy...Smart...<br> Most of us jump too soon, and land on our butts later...Beside, with as many posts you have already, you'll be a broncogod before you know it... ;D ;D ;D

BroncoKidd

Loc.
Gainesville, FL
I agree with everyone else...dont rush into anything! Take your time and get all the info (from here and other places) you can. Dont just settle for something just to get an EB. I bought mine really really cheap, so it was kinda the right deal. Even though it is a rust bucket (for now). I picked mine up for 700 bucks, with a 351W. I'm planning a frame off for mine, but there defently are good deals out there in the daily driver catagory. Be patient! Good luck with you upcoming purchase.<br><br>BroncoKidd

MI-Bronco

I agree w/jeepster - altho he's more eloquent ;) <br><br>I think you need to look hard at this one, and the short cuts that have been taken...<br><br>o Rattle can paint rather than air sprayed<br>o Block lift rather than add a leaf or new spring set<br>o Gear swap in axle, rather than buying a 44<br><br>This tells me the owner or previous owner cut corners - so what else is compromised? You should look carefully, hopefully you can hook up w/someone in the area (MI is a little far).<br><br><br><br><br>

74bronc

Bronco Guru
[quote author=BOSS3024ME link=board=5;threadid=8171;start=0#57828 date=1029765842]<br>I may be able to fly up and look at with you (I have a plane) I am in Vancouver. Did you look at it over the weekend or???<br><br>Email me (your email is hidden) and we will see how the scedual thing works out.<br><br>Paul<br>[/quote]<br><br>This is off topic but what kind of plane do you have Boss302? I am building a Glastar with pops right now and I am looking to buy a C-172 time builder. Broncos/airplanes: the addiction is the same!!!!!

OP
OP
greasergrrl

greasergrrl

Loc.
Redmond, WA
uh, it doesn't help me out if it's expensive..<br><br>nice looking ride - but not exactly what i'm looking for. my main criteria is $5-7k. can't make money appear about of nowhere ;)

castlewa

Loc.
Bellingham, Washingt
I'm in Bellingham and would be willing to help you out. One thing though. I spent over a year looking for mine and I do not regret it one bit ( actually it was fun and I learned a lot from the guys here) even though it was my third EB. I have had friends run out and buy the first Bronco they looked at and not one hasn't ended up regreting it. I would be concerned about this rig for the reasons mentioned above, mainly what other short cuts have been taken. Let me know I could probably bring someone with me who knows more about the engine stuff, than I do. Take a deep breath and enjoy!!!!!

G

[quote author=BOSS3024ME link=board=5;threadid=8171;start=0#57828 date=1029765842]<br>I may be able to fly up and look at with you (I have a plane) I am in Vancouver. Did you look at it over the weekend or???<br><br>Email me (your email is hidden) and we will see how the scedual thing works out.<br><br>Paul<br>[/quote]<br><br>Ray, is that you? If so where you been keeping yourself? I've seen the Bronco and It's actually better than the guy describes.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
If it were Thursday or Fri or Sat I'd go up with ya aint to far. ;)<br><br>Are we sure it has a D30? friend bought a rig with a D30 when we got home found the 44 on the pumpkin score!!! <br>Maybe offer 4500 and if he says no then give him your phone number with 4500 price written next to it and say call me if you change your mind. We (my friends purchase) did the same thing with a guy in Sedro Wooley and he called a few days later saying come and get it. Oh and my buddie keeps wanting you to post a pic ::) ::) ::) yes he is single and he loves seeing women in EB's. Does this guy do all the work or did a mechanic do it? Might want to call him also if the seller will give it to ya. Funny tho I have never seen this one around and I see dozens of them all the time in Everett. Hope it goes well.