• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ididit tilt, centech, stock wheel?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Like the title states, I have an ididit tilt column setup waiting to go in. I have a new centech as well (before some joker found out how to get the painless for a super deal last week %) ) and am wondering if they are compatible?

Second part of the question is can I adapt a stock steering wheel and half moon ring to the centech column? I know it sounds stupid but I'm a big dude and a few inches of tilt would help tons while maintaining the factory look.

Thanks as always. Pics to follow.

OP
OP
broncobsession

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
ea5f34544696ec4fd5d41686bc7ad424.jpg

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Just by looking at your photo, I believe the idiot column has the stock '74-'77 manual transmission turn signal switch. So the horn contact in the switch and the ring in the wheel should be compatible. The diameter of the shift collar is at least close to that of the OE collar. If the splines work, you should be OK. Here's a cheap '66-'73 wheel you could try out for size.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1966-1973-E...977-/141763505829?hash=item2101c36ea5&vxp=mtr
Or you can get a Grant Steering Wheel mounting kit for '66-'73 Broncos and try it out. If it works you should be good, if not well return it either way.