• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If you were to buy NEW axle shafts..

brian72

Early Bronco Student
If you were to buy NEW axle shafts both right and left, what would you buy and where. Keep in mind I will be doing MILD offroading. I live in flat Florida. Will NOT need high end axles.

1972 Dana 44

thanks
brian

Amac70

ME
i would get cut down full size ones. bit stronger then stock with the 297 u joint instead of the 260. I think complet off road sells em cut down and reslined.

mxpaz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
KC
Amac70 said:
i would get cut down full size ones. bit stronger then stock with the 297 u joint instead of the 260. I think complet off road sells em cut down and reslined.

Yep this is your best bet.

70_Steve

Old Guy
Amac70 said:
Or, if you want to save a couple bucks, here's a link that explains what axles to use and how to get them cut down.

http://www.azbronco.org/tech09.htm