• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm finally ready

hockeygoon

I'm finally ready to share my '77 Bronco.

First, I'd like to say a big thanks to everyone here. After a long time lurking around this website not only did I learn more than I could imagine about the Bronco itself, but I learned from people's mistakes and successes on how to bite off a project like this. And, most importantly, I learned how I wanted my rig to ultimately turn out. I've always been from the school that you cut it, lift it and throw some 33's on it. That quickly changed after drooling, day in and day out, at some of the masterpieces I've seen on this board. Plus, I developed a hardcore sense of respect for the uncut Bronco.

A little backstory: Originally it was a well loved (but rusted-out) '77 Sport from Alaska. The first year alone was spent just getting it smog legal so that I could register it in California. which was a nightmare in itself. It involved hunting down all the smog equipment and exhaust manifolds. A new exhaust system, 50-state Cat, 2 new gas tanks, lines/sending units and about 8 trips to the DMV. There were a few mechanical issues, but nothing really that substantial. I did add a disk break conversion, rebuilt steering column and rebuilt transfer case.

When it finally came time to think about the body, I just started acquiring parts....mainly metal. Aprons, kick plates, floor pans, roll bar, front grille, tailgate, R/F fender, door posts, quick release door hinges, trim/molding, hitch mount and bumpers. As well as a lift kit and 5 tires. Then interior...rubber floor, seat covers, door panels, etc. When I had a good head-start on parts, I started saving for the labor.

...Fast forward 2 years. The body work turned out to be much more work than I though (same for my body guy). In fact, his estimate was about 300% off in way of time. Which was fine with me because I needed the extra time to earn the money. But after the metal was replaced, lift installed and prepped for paint, it was off to the paint shop. I decided to go with the stock color combo. They even used the ford color code to match as best they could.

Anyway, here are some shots. Thank you again to everyone who contributes to this forum. This would probably have been a dramatically different looking Bronco if not for you.

'77 Sport, 302, 2.5" WH S/Lift, 1" body lift, 31"x10.5" BFG mud tires, flowmaster Super 44

Attachments

• IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_4301 copy.jpg
    IMG_4301 copy.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_3452.jpg
    IMG_3452.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_1365 copy.jpg
    IMG_1365 copy.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_4477 copy.jpg
    IMG_4477 copy.jpg
    117.6 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_0212.jpg
    IMG_0212.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 148
OP
OP
H

hockeygoon

Before shots

Here are some pictures of the rust experiment I started with.

Attachments

• original grille copy.jpg
    original grille copy.jpg
    286.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_8123 copy.jpg
    IMG_8123 copy.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_8146 copy.jpg
    IMG_8146 copy.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8143 copy.jpg
    IMG_8143 copy.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_1968 copy.jpg
    IMG_1968 copy.jpg
    109.3 KB · Views: 94

golfobx

Loc.
Suffolk, Va
Congrats man. It looks great!...I'm closing in on the downhill portion of my rebuild and am envious you are getting to enjoy yours this summer.

nathan_1970

Looks great! If you have the sequential pictures of the rebuild, you should post them here and turn this into your build thread.:cool:

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Your bronco looks great! What color is that? Post more pics of the build if you got them!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
That's awesome. Congrats

Well worth the wait.from.those pics

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Nice rig... My first truck was a '78 F150 that same color brown- that color has a special place in my heart!!

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Very nice, there's a special place in heaven for those who save Broncos. Nice rig

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
Very nice build, thank you for sharing. Beautiful truck you have now! Both my 78s are that color.

Germd

Awesome job and beautiful finished rig! Looks like it was well worth the wait.