• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

I'm frustrated

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
I just bought my first Bronco and I'm real excited about getting it and starting a build thread here. I just can't get anybody too del it. It's stuck in South Dakota and I'm in Georgia. I've got $1200 bucks I'm willing to pay and still no luck. Have not had any transporters bite. It's a 1976 ranger completely stock. Plans are too do a frame off and make it a Lubr.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Dasautoshippers is Ebay's main carrier. their prices are high but i would get an online quote.
There are tons of auto shippers waiting for loads.

Sabas

Post on Pirate4x4 go to the Hauling section, you may find someone there

Sabas

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
Das wanted $2400 to pick it up and drop off at the atlanta hub. I've shipped alot of jeeps across the country and none was that expensive. What I'm finding out is south dakota is way off the beaten path for shipping lines...anybody crossing the country within the next week lol........It's been sitting for 9 days and no bites...

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have bought and sold a few Broncos and it seems that most of my purchases have been out of state. From all of my experiences of shipping Broncos, if you want a good deal on shipping cost you have patience. $1200 from SD to GA might seem like a lot but it not on a common truck route it's wouldn't even hardly cover the fuel charge on a 1-3 car transporter. So hang tight be a bit more patience and/or drop me an e-mail and I'll give you my transporter's contact info. He haven't run that way in a long time but I'm sure he'll know what your best option is.

Jeff.Leslie@wowway.com

Thanks Jeff

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
I feel your pain. I once bought a vehicle in Virginia. It took almost six weeks to get it shipped to Oregon. I had it set up several times only to have the driver call me and say it was too far out in the sticks and they canceled on me. Hopefully you'll have better luck. There is always the option of flying out and driving it back. Or renting a trailer and picking up yourself.

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Try A-1 Autotransport at 1-800-452 2880. i used them 4 years ago from colo. to wisconsin, they were the lowest at that time before the price of diesel went thru the roof

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
I feel your pain. I once bought a vehicle in Virginia. It took almost six weeks to get it shipped to Oregon. I had it set up several times only to have the driver call me and say it was too far out in the sticks and they canceled on me. Hopefully you'll have better luck. There is always the option of flying out and driving it back. Or renting a trailer and picking up yourself.

My Bronco is a great platform too start a resto but I don't think it would make it around the block let alone across the country. I have a truck and trailer but that would be my last resort....I hope it doesnt take 6 weeks I'll go crazy by then...My truck is a new 2011 F150 with the 5.0. I sold my F250 for a smoother ride.I would hate to see the fuel bill in the gas truck...ouch!

teacherboy

Loc.
Saskatchewan canada
I got a full size jeep from vegas to Portal ND for 900$ by puting it on Uship.com Don't know if that is the site you are on. I can dig up the trucking company that took mine if you like, just don't have it handy.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
try putting it on uship.com. let the transport companies bid on it.
just be sure to check feedback on the biiders before you commit. there are a few hacks and shadey ones on there.

ChrisC74

Hey - I feel your pain. I was in the same boat back in March. I bought a 74 in Colorado and needed to get it back home to GA. I ended up using a guy from UShip. He was great. He pulled it on a single car trailer and the price was good. I then used him a few months ago to bring a boat for me on it's own trailer down to GA from upstate Michigan.
I will look up his contact info and send you a PM. I beleive he travels the Dakotas but lives in TN so you might catch him on the way home and get a deal.

If you go the UShip route really investigate the trailers that the guys bid with - I did not want my on the bottom of a double deck and end up getting leaked on by something above.

-Chris

OP
OP
hold24

hold24

Loc.
canton, Ga
try putting it on uship.com. let the transport companies bid on it.
just be sure to check feedback on the biiders before you commit. there are a few hacks and shadey ones on there.

Its amazing I think I might have found someone already on uship...I've used them before but uship always makes me a little nervous..thanks for all the input.
chris if you can still pm me your guys info just in case that would be great...