• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

In case anyone was wondering, a trail 90 snugs up nicely in a half cab bronco. Haha.

70injectedbronc

Loc.
Coeur d'alene
Just barely get the tailgate shut but it fits. Just came across this old pic. Have it pushed up against the bulkhead and shut the tailgate so it doesn't even need tie-downs. Next will be to put a hitch on it and get a carrier or make one so I have more room for camping gear in the bed.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353511231397.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353511231397.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 328
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353511253424.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353511253424.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 201
  • uploadfromtaptalk1353511265061.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353511265061.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 193

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Nice fit. First time I've seen your EB, so I checked out your garage. Very nice!:cool:
Do you have any regrets making it into a half cab? I've been thinking about doing the same.

OP
OP
70injectedbronc

70injectedbronc

Loc.
Coeur d'alene
Oh thanks man. Yeah it is comin along pretty good. Still has original paint so that is probably my next job to tackle. And about the half cab. Definitely no regrets. I've had 2 other broncos with hard tops and have always liked the idea and look of a half cab. Being in the northwest winters I liked the idea of the small cab to warm up instead of trying to heat the huge uninsulated full cabbed bronco. Also a lot easier to put top on and off and smaller to store it. All around I am loving it. I just found a steel cab a guy was selling locally and bought the bulkhead online. But a fiberglass one would be pretty sweet too. Let me know what ya go with. Just gettin into this forum stuff and loving it.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
See, the bed is good for something! LOL. Not the biggest space but it does come in handy at times. ;D

knack

Contributor
That's a sweet combo!

The Trail 90 is another great utilitarian design from the Bronco era. When I was much younger I drove my Bronco to my job at a Honda dealership. Prepped a lot of CT-90's for sale. Never had to fix many.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
haha.. Nice Works out just right for ya don't it.. ;)

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
That is a nice combo. Two really tough pieces of equipment. Back in the day I beat the crap out of a 70 then a 90. I don't think we even changed the oil on either one. Just put in gas and abuised. Like the Bronco. Hadn't thought much about less space to heat. Just like things covered.

OP
OP
70injectedbronc

70injectedbronc

Loc.
Coeur d'alene
Yeah I love the 90. I beat the hell out of it and ride it to work in he summer. 100-120 mpg so it is tough to beat. Hard to not drive the bronco when it is lookin all sexy with its top off though! Haha

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Your riding it to work and me just talking to my father reminded me of when he used to ride it. He would have his cowboy hat, avaiator sunglasses(afterall he was airforce) cowboy boats and going to the horse pasture. always wish I had a pic of that.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
This thread just reminded me of the Honda 50 my brother and I had when we kids growing up on an acreage. That thing was tough!

I only have one obstacle holding me back from changing to a half cab. The wife.%) She thinks they look stupid. Considering the trouble we went through to get this Bronco. She does have an equal share in the direction I go with my/our build. I may have to wait for that second Bronco to get my half cab.;D

Last edited:

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Man I loved the old CT70's n XR 75's...built thye red one with my boy when he was much younger...we had several of each at one time..

Attachments

• KTM 005.JPG
    KTM 005.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 33
  • shop 5.JPG
    shop 5.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 30
  • MYCT.JPG
    MYCT.JPG
    76.8 KB · Views: 32

66horse

Bronco Guru
Man, that picture brings back memories... Wish I still had mine.