• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

in tank pump & fuel line pics

777mechanic

Loc.
centennial colorado
i'm going to run my fuel system this weekend and was wondering whats the best way to plumb lines . i've read part 3 fuel system on fordinject page but it's for external pumps , question do i need the fuel accumulator or can i just run an inline filter . would really like pics of your installs .

zerostar2410

Contributor
ive been looking for fuel lines from the different vendors but cant seem to find them. can someone help?

also looking for carb filter.

thanks.

grant_71

Bronco Guru
ive been looking for fuel lines from the different vendors but cant seem to find them. can someone help?

also looking for carb filter.

thanks.

If you want custom made fuel lines check out www.inlinetube.com

However fuel lines are so simple and easy, just use 1/4" or 3/8" hard steel line from the parts store, i did, used a brake line bender, and it looks great. If you don't know how to use it, get a couple extra sticks (for the price its cheap)and make one line, find out what you don't like and do it again. It is a pretty simple job that you should learn if you own a Bronco, and you will have the satisfaction of doing it yourself.

ANY parts store should have the carb filter.

Good Luck!

grant_71

Bronco Guru
Nylon? i thought you were supposed to use stainless for fuel lines?

I use just hard steel, but have used stainless

Nylon is used on a lot of new cars, even my 86 BII has some nylon with the EFI. I like the look of steel, and i think nylon would be harder to work with

flousberg

I would use the 3/8" brake line from the parts store. You are going to have trouble double flaring SS lines unless you have a really good flare kit. I don't really see the benifit of the SS lines. I robbed the original ford lines off a big bronco. They are nylon withe a insulating hose around them. I also grabbed the filter bracket off the frame. I am running an in tank pump, I modified an old BC tank, and run my lines on the passenger side outside the frame rail and up to the fuel rail for my EFI. Everything from tank forward is factory line from scrap yard. Works well.

1snowcat

You can find all the push on fittings at the junkyard off all types of FORD EFI cars and trucks for the nylon fuel line if its good enough for the factory good enough for me... Lincolns, t-birds, mustangs, taurus, f-150, blah blah blah... That way you can connect factory ford fuel rails without much hassle using the factory springlock connectors

also check out this...

http://www.ronmorrisperformance.com/miva/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=rmp&Product_Code=9191
&Category_Code=Fuel_System_Parts

Not saying its better than hardline, but its another way....